Wholly Smokes! As much as I was surprised how fast 2008 flew by - I cannot even believe we are at the end of another school year. Time goes by so fast and now I feel it's time to slow down.
In my ‘Welcome to 2009' blog - I shared what we had done from the start of school through December. Now I will fill you in on what we did the rest of the year.
1st and 2nd Grade - Retzer Center, Story Time Hike and the Planetarium - Our Place in Space and to the Super Scientific Play in Whitewater.
3rd Grade - Boat Trip around Eagle Springs Lake and to Lake Lulu, "Around the World Day" - trip to see our pen pals
4th Grade - Annual trip to the Capital
4th and 5th Grade - Disney "Earth" movie
5th and 6th Grade - Retzer Center to learn the basics of using GPS Units
6th Grade - Lutherdale for teambuilding, low and high ropes
All School Field Trip - Adventure Rock climbing and a picnic/hike at Lapham Peak State Park
Community Service Products:
- We raised $806.03 for Pennies for Patients. EV ranked #8 out of the top ten schools with fewer than 200 students on funds raised.
- We raised $500.00 for the MACC Fund
- We raised $3775.00 during Jump Rope for Heart
- We recently donated Hair towards the Locks of Love (the teachers and students that participated did a great job)
If that's not enough - I have more events that occurred since December:
- January - Chili Dinner/ Book Fair and Science Fair
- February - Community Open House, Celebrated Random Acts of Kindness
- March - Grandparent Lunch Week, Family Dance, Variety Show
- April - Each class did something for Earth Month, Assembly with David Stokes, Clean Sweep Day, Visit from Waukesha County Land Use Recycling Center for teacher (4) R's
- May - Favorite Man Breakfast, Celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week, Olympic Day and All School Field Trip, 6th Grade used their basket making skills from Baskets of Love to make Mother's Day baskets.
Awards / Ranking
- EV received the Youth Award for our float in the Midnight Magic Parade
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls took 2nd Place in the District Basketball tournament
- 6th Grade Boys received the traveling Sportsmanship Award in the District Basketball tournament
- EV ranked in the top 4% out of 1000 schools for WKCE scores
Now some personal words from me -
It's a bittersweet moment for me to say that my son is now transitioning out of the elementary years to the middle school next year. As much as I'm proud of him, I'm sad to see him grow up. I put a DVD together for the class for the K5 through 6th grade years and it's amazing to see the changes over the years. It really tugs on those heart strings. Putting the disk together was not a problem, watching the finished piece with music is what hit me. I hope everyone enjoys the DVD.
Besides my son moving on, I will also be moving on. This is my last blog and my term is now over for the Eagleville Governance Team. This is also hard for me. Eagleville is such a great school with so much character, I feel everyone should come to this school to experience what we have over the past six years, I can honestly say that over six years - my son has "never" woke up and complained about going to school. The teachers, although being fairly new, are great, eager and willing to take Eagleville to new places and directions while keeping the history and traditions alive.
*Thank you to all the parent volunteers over the past six years.
*Thank you to all the Eagleville families for your support of the school.
*Thank you to the current and past Parent/Governance Team Members for all the time and effort.
*Thank you to the following Eagleville teachers (past and present) who have helped our children grow and be who they are today: Mrs. Gebhard, Mrs. Kelly, Mrs. Struve, Mrs. Budzynski, Mr. Sturm, Mrs. Chapman,
And we can't forget Mrs. Kujawa, Mrs. Alger, Mr. Steib, Mrs.Wilson, Mrs. Raduenz, and Mrs. Hein - you have all played a role in our children's lives.
- Thank You (0)
- Signs of Spring (0)
- Green Eggs and Ham...What do you think? (0)
- Green School Celebrates Dr.Seuss with Green Eggs & Ham/Juevos Verdes Con Jamon (0)
- First Grade at Eagleville (0)
- Welcome 2009 (0)
- Eagleville Elementary's 3rd Grade Reporting In (0)
- Eagleville Elementary Charter School Strikes it Rich! (0)
- Happy Birthday Eagleville (0)
- Mrs. Chapman's Class Blogs (3)
- More Eagleville Elementary Charter School posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007