As I'm sure you know by now, school is closed tomorrow (Thursday) because of the fridgid weather. Children's and adult's choir practice has been cancled also. I'm sure the kids are praying for Friday to be closed also!
I like the idea of letting kids figure out what to do when they cannot play outside. We have many "no computer or tv" time on special days off, so I like to see the board games and books come out and see some creative play. I like the break from all of the electronic toys, but I do enjoy them like the kids do. Stay warm!
Yesterday and today's masses kicked off the activities with an open house held after mass today. Each day next week has a different "theme" celebrating not only the SJOA School and Parish, but the community and our Nation. The kids are excited to be doing different activities, and some have been practicing for the talent show which will be held Friday, January 30 at 6:30 pm.
We are hosting a family presentation by Frank Runyeon. He will bring scripture passages to life and offers personal stories and humor in Hollywood vs. Faith- a struggle to live as a Christian in the age of media values. The presentation is Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 7pm. Tickets are $5.00 in advance or $7.00 at the door. The program lasts about 70 minutes with refreshments to follow. Call SJOA school office if you have any questions. This will be an aspiring program for youth to attend with their parents.
Keep in mind that on these chilly Wisconsin days, we can feel spiritually warmed- we are "solar powered by the Son!"
Please join us at Okauchee Lion's Park on Thursday, June 11th from 5-9pm for food, drink and games to celebrate the completion of another great school year!
Please call Mary Schermitzler at 262-646-3696 with any questions.
This year's Vacation Bible School is August 10-14, 2009 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm.
Many volunteers are needed! This is where you high schoolers can be of service in your community! Youth grades 5 through 8 are welcome to help also! Contact Jennifer Hartnett at jhartnet.wi.rr.com.
Vacation Bible School still needs volunteers! Please give of your time and help the kids have a great time giving praise to God!
The choir is extending an invitation to teens, young adults and anyone interested in singing with the choir. Contact the school office for more information. The directors Jeff and Leisha Smith make the experience fun and uplifting! Join them!
Vacation Bible Camp is August 10-14, 9:00am - 12:00pm. Volunteers are still needed! Contact email@example.com if you need any additional info.
Church choir is still looking for additional members of any age- please join us 30 min. before mass for a quick rehearsal. Regular Thurs. night rehearsals will resume in the fall.
Enjoy your summer!
- It's Hemmer Time The unbelievable irony...
- The Engineering Perspective Owen Paterson and the big green blob
- Cook's Corner Welcome to Miami: Cuban-style skirt steak with classic sour orange mojo
- GarberPark 33rd Topic - Pick a Vector
- Fair E-tales Waukesha County Fair celebrities devour cream puffs in speed eating contest
- Eagle's Eye The Dogs of War-Scott Walker
- Oconomowoc Community 30x30 Nature Challenge Addie’s Guardian Angel
- Giving pet owners the power of information What every pet owner should know… giving pet owners the power of information
- Community Splashes June 7th Adaptive Water Ski Day for Waukesha County on Pewaukee Lake
- "Hear's" to Life! Thanks to Lake Country Publications for doing an article on our Hearing Loss Group!