Posts for January, 2012
There is no argument that the Republican State Legislature have submitted to the wishes of Gogebic Taconite LLC and State Mining Equipment Corporations, to bypass long standing and well researched mining permitting process that is set up to protect the environment and the people. The old permitting process allowed mining with public input from the people where the operation will be, and the environment it will change forever.
People easily forget that mining can have long term social, health, and environmental damage well after the minerals have been removed and the short term profits plundered.
Northern WI long term economic success will also include tourism, hunting, clean water not poisoned by cyanide and sulfer, and other mining activities. The people and tribes who live where the mine will be should have a say after the legislation has been written, in part with the WMC and Gogebic Taconite LLC mining themselves TWO special interest groups.
One meager hearing before the legislation was brought out; like the Republican legislature so graciously gave to those in Ashland.There’s even less of an incentive now for the local community since the state will take a large cut of the taxes, rather then have them go to the area the locality that will be effected. It’s also funny how the Mining Corporation is touting the tax contribution, knowing that what they pay to the state will be pennies to the profit they blunder.
The Republicans rebuttal for the 1 and only public hearing was that they wanted to be close to the mining Equipment companies in West Allis. Which makes sense since this special interest is who the State republicans are working for (WMC and Gogebic Taconite LLC), and not for the people in Ashland County.
If they really cared about the voters (taxpayers if you are a conservative) in Ashland county, since we the people vote them into their cushy government jobs, they would not try to bypass a well established system of public input and court challenges into legislation and would have had more than one and only hearing near the people that the open pit mountain top removal mine would be.
Republicans clearly value these special interests groups more than constituents were the proposed mine will go.
And this brings me to the point of what is wrong with the Republicans in our state they are doing all they can to push voters and the public away from having a direct say into the legislative process and make it difficult to have any sway other than the 1 vote you get to vote your representative in. As if they keep themselves permanently in a bubble, unwilling to hear and deal with another point of view or facts that might have negatives to their plans.
They need to get some spine and take responsibility for some of the over -reaching and extremist legislation they have written. As if putting their heads in the sand and legislating more and more road blocks to the public is somehow going to protect them. It makes them look like elitists stuck in their happy bubble of conformity.
As if democracy ENDS for the voter after the vote for your representative is cast!
With the power of the entire state Government; State Republican’s from Scott Walker to David Prossor to his Fitzgerald Henchman keep on proving they prefer to “Dictate” their ideological agenda rather than doing the hard job of building a democratic consensus among the diverse views of the public which includes all of us whom vote. They never would get everybody behined them, but the hard work would create trust and a working relationship.
The state legislature have also seceded legislative powers of oversight of administrative rules, power of the full legislature to vote over federal medicade money for badger care, taken away consumer protections, stealth poll taxes on voting, freedom of assembly and speech supressing capitol building rules and with this mining legislation to keep on removing public input from legislation as this WMC mining bill showcases.
The answer, it’s easier to let Walker Dictate and not have the legislature vote.
I thought conservative policy, ideas, and ideology were always superior to any others and able stand on their own and will always win when faced with a challenge at least that is what I keep reading!
Why the road blocks? Why make it more difficult to opponents express their opinion and objections?
I wonder if taxpayers who voted for the conservative agenda, voted for Republicans to also take away taxpayer input into the legislative process as well.
More importantly the question is; does it even matter since the representatives that taxpayers align themselves with take this power and enjoy seeing views and voters being blocked and their voices crushed?
Is this true intent of the modern conservative agenda after Barak Obama in 2008, consensus by crushing and silencing your political opponent, taking away their rights?
Didn’t Scott Walker run on that? Less democracy! Less Public Input! I know what is best for you! Didn’t he say that he wanted to concentrate power into the office of Governor?
Didn’t he say that he needed an Emergency Manager Law like Rick Snyder’s in Michigan and suspend the will of the voters in whatever WI town, village or city that he seems fit? The emergency manager law makes voter ID seem like pre-school tactics. It is real power, take away ALL power of locally elected officials in one sweep and put in a loyal supporter whom you control to do your bidding!
Shouldn’t he use the law with Milwaukee and Madison first? The largest Democratic voting blocks and opposition to said Office holder.
Blessed are the Wealthy: For their Kingdom will become Wisconsin.
Blessed are the Charter Schools: because they can make profit.
Blessed are the Corporations: for they shall inherit Wisconsin which will become a low wage service job utopia.
Blessed are they which who are wealthy and thirst for more: For we shall give them more via corporate taxpayer funded welfare.
Blessed are the ideological conservative purists: For they are summoned with the righteous hand of god to crush all those against them, escpecialy liberals, and use government to benefit their intrests alone.
Blessed are the dividers and politicians like me: For they shall be hired by the corporations after they whore themselves for them.
Blessed are they whom persecute their political and ideological enemies: For they shall own a mansion and a yacht.
Blessed am I for rasing taxes on the poor: making them pay their fair share for they are not the job creators or those who vote for me.
Blessed are ye and me, when working people and the poor and minorities shall revile you, try to fight back against you to have a voice, and shall say all manner of truths against you correctly as they use their constitutional rights both State and Federal and accurately for Their sakes, and not my sake.
Blessed is my Ambition: For you shall love me for it or be forced too!
So far Walker has cut millions in taxes for the wealthy & investor class and has given corporations taxpayer funded welfare.
He has raised taxes on the poor by separating the Homestead credit from the rate of inflation and lowered the earned income credit; as well as cut millions from programs that went to help the poor such as badgercare.
I also have been told and was under the impression that conservative mantra is and what is best is that the taxpayer can spend their money better than the government. Unless of course I didn't understand that that line is only used when democrats are in office.
So, where is my tax cut King Scott and how are you going to pay for it?
- Who is more important the stock holders that put capital into a company or the employees that work and make money for said company?
- Is it moral failure to use an innocent person as a proxy to protect your self?
- Does it make sense to cut off your hand and then put a band-aid on said stump to stop the bleeding?
- Does a “Free Market” exist in the United States?
- Which two presidents had the two highest tax raises in the last 40 years?
- Can ideological purists compromise?
- Which president has done more border protection and immigration enforcement? GW or Obama.
- Is it ever allowable to use opinion as a statement of fact?
- Did republicans and conservatives try to recall Jim Doyle?
- Was Tom Ament recalled?
- What is a primary source? Why are they important?
- What is the theme of Rapture in Bio-Shock 1? What was the theme of Dr. Sophia Lamb in BS #2?
- Are Christians allowed to take illegal drugs or is that a theological sin?
- Who created the WI government accountability board (GAB)?
- What was the national debt when GWB left office?
- What is a keystone species?
- Which presidential candidate was not born in the United States and the law was changed for them so they could run?
- Does political ideology decide if your personal actions are right or wrong?
- Has Scott Walker ever bargained in Bad faith with public employee unions?
- - - - - --
- Is water a chemical?
- What is the reason for Waukesha Counties Water problems making them seek water from Lake MIchigan?
- Has Scott Walker been a champion of civil rights?
- Has Scott Walker been a champion of Education?
- What is right-to-work?
- What is the term "Jumping the shark" mean?
- What is the emergency manager law?
- Do Americans have a constitutional right to form Unions?
- Which poltical party in WI has used the recall more before last summer?
- What is your favorite Color?
- What are the reasons for Recalling Scott Walker?
- Why am I asking you questions?
Note: Added content and more questions?
These are the actions that Scott Walker and the Republicans must take before the recall elections:
1) Pass Emergency Manager Legislation like in Michigan to take over and overthrow local elected officials in Democratic leaning areas to enact ideological based reforms. This will allow Walker to appoint loyal and ideological people to take over these areas and to take over county election clerk oversight.
2) Have the legislature transfer as much legislative power over to Scott Walker as possible in order to take elected representatives out of the process like they did with Medicaid and move the writing ability to handpicked loyalists to enact the ideological agenda with minor oversight by the Republican run finance committee.
3) Create a statewide across the board income & property tax cut for all Wisconsin residents, regardless of the implications to get independent voters on your side.
4) Dissolve the State DNR and replace it with an ideological pro-business counterpart that has business in mind first and the environment second. Cut as many environmental regulations as possible with minor oversight by the legislature.
5) Through out of state media as well as Charlie Sykes and the rest, to pass along a few dog whistle comments that incite your followers to harass and intimidate people who signed the recall petitions to send a clear message that their actions have serious real life consequences if the Gov is actually not re -elected. There jobs and lively hoods are at risk in the future.
6) Make all governmental changes extremely hard to over-turn by any legal means necessary or means that can go to the rightwing loyalist supreme justices which will vote your way 100% of the time.
7) Use Divisive tactics and dog whistle comments to pit would be Democratic voters to turn on each other: union thugs vs. non-union, public vs. private sector, White vs. Minority, again use dog whistles in the ads and comments and rightwing radio hosts that pit gun owners against liberals that they’ll take away their guns, say that the next liberal candidate will force your daughters to get abortions, pit Christian against secularists, teacher vs. parent, taxpayer vs. welfare queen, lazy inner city food stamp user vs. taxpayer, etc…
8) Close DMV’s the closer to voting to dissuade likely democratic voters to get their ID’s to vote against you.
Scott Walker must rally the foot troops to push back hard, to show no mercy, and crush all those in there way. Inspire them that he and they are 100% justified and ordained that in order to save the state from the liberal menace there can be no peace, no quarter, no compromise, that the sword is the only option left, and once crushed the liberal menace will have Walker’s boot on it’s neck never to rise again and all will conform to the conservative way. That like himself conservatives are all victims of now un-democratic recalls and attacks by the left and union thugs and bossess and have been victims in WI for too long and that His and their personal actions have no bearing on what happened or will happen because they are victims.
He must make it clear that liberals have left all of them no other choice, since their birth right will be stolen but other than to win by-any-and-all-means-necessary and the ends-will-justify-the-means because they are conservatives and just by being conservative they are the righteous and the justified.
I find it very hard to stomach that so called conservatives who put so much focus on how they have superior family values, wear it on their sleeves, would support Newt Gingrich. The man has little if any character and those so called “family values” a conservative is supposed to hold.
It brings in the question of his character and what decisions he will make in the future. He can’t blame the media for everything, I know you guys like it when he and other right-wingers rip on the media, but come on, it’s like Pavlov’s dog, anytime your politicians beat up on the “liberal” media you drool!
I wonder if supporting such a human being reflects on the state of conservatism in this country. Are conservatives so fixated on defeating Obama that they would support a man who has cheated on two of his wives, one of which he gave divorce papers to in the hospital sick with cancer, the last one he cheated on during the Bill Clinton impeachment with a women that could be correctly labeled as a home wrecker, and making such authoritarian and Tyrannical un-American statements that he would arrest any federal judge that he disagreed with on a ruling, suggest that black children should be janitors and blow his dog-whistle that the majority of black people are on food stamps when in fact it is white people!!!
This brings me to John Edwards, his actions were deplorable and just as bad as Newt Gingrich’s, but there is a difference.
Lefties like me whom supported John Edwards did not know that he was cheating on his wife during the 2004 campaign, only after did we learn of his scumbag actions. I was fooled. I personally was disgusted and dropped my support for this person and find his actions revolting to this day. To do that to your wife, sick with cancer, it is just sickening. He lost everything by his actions and he deserved it. His character and his decision making are an issue that is separate from ideology I may agree with. . If John Edwards were to come back politically I would not support him and would work against him.
Righties, not like me, already know of Newt Gingrich’s past you guys, you were already fooled.
Why would you let yourself be fooled again? What kind of man do you have to be to live “Do as I say, not as I Do” and then try to justify it has he did to his ex-wife during the Clinton Impeachment, that’s the one he cheated on with Callista and was a supporter of open marriage. What kind of principles does it take to throw out the constitution and arrest judges because you do not agree with their constitutional duty of making rulings?
All I know is that if Newt Gingrich gets the nomination if reflects poorly on the right that they would nominate a person of such low moral character as their leader and will forever tarnish and make a joke of that “Superior Family Values” patch on that sleeve.
If it does happen GW Bush would sum up better than I: : "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
A few weeks ago our very own cranky old man career politician Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) said Michelle Obama had a big butt in relation to her Childhood Obesity drive.“And then he got on the topic of first ladies and their special interests, and he said most first ladies have serious projects,” Marsh-Meigs said in an interview. “He implied that Michelle Obama being interested in childhood obesity was not serious, he sort of made fun of it and then he made fun of her. He said something like, look at her big butt.” Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70788.html#ixzz1kb3sueP6
Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner no less than a physical liberal approximation of if the “Stay puff marshmallow man™” and the “Pillsbury dough boy™" had a child. He had no right to call the kettle black.
Finger Pointing, Noun - the act of assigning blame as for a harmful policy or unwise decision to another or others, often in an effort to deflect blame from oneself Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Jan Brewer’s Finger Pointing. “Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer says she meant no disrespect when she pointed a finger at President Barack Obama while talking on an airport tarmac.” http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-gov-brewer-gets-book-critique-obama-232717896.html, you know I understand the disagreement I can understand why she felt the way she did, but she had no right to raise her hand. I wonder if she would do that to a white president?
I have a feeling she would not, do to her history of race bating in Arizona I think she felt she had the right to disrespect President Obama, “Brewer, champion of her state's controversial anti-immigration law, welcomed Obama on the tarmac with a handwritten letter and an intense conversation in which, at one point, she pointed her finger at him.” http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-jan-brewer-obama-welcome-20120125,0,5568347.story. Gov. Brewer had no RIGHT to raise her hand, regardless of if it was a heated conversation and in defense of Obama after the finger pointing he had every right to turn away from her for her disrespect.
And I will stop right here, we can go back the last 3.5 years, and I can dig up a treasure trove of racially tinged dog whistle moments of disrespect to the Obama’s and their children both verbal and graphical; Jan brewer being the first physical.
Both these incidents show the over-whelming disrespect given not only to President Obama by the insulting finger pointing (a step farther than the “you lie” SOTU last year), but also to his wife by Jim Sensenbrenner for trying to raise awareness that we have a childhood obesity problem.
Now before people try to justify this behavior, it is not a political tactic, this is about principles. If it wrong for lefties to do this, it is wrong for right-wingers to be disrespectful as well. I will not even respond to these counter arguments.
This has been a pattern of behaviour from Anti-Obama detractors and it involves elements of bigotry, and their has also been the pattern of after these statements have been made for rightwing media or polticians to turn a blind eye. So much for the ideological champion of princples, I guess the same ethics and principles do not apply to the conservatives ideologs you agree with.
Yet, in my humble opinion with the past 3.5 years of history, and with these two latest examples against local black democratic state senators of not apologizing for bigoted comments show that if you are the first black president, you and your family, not only do you have to deal with policy and political differences, but you have to face disrespect and overt bigotry from your ideological and political opponents whom are white in majority.
We all know years ago SCOTUS said that money is free speech. They basically gave speech a “quantitative” value, before this free speech was “qualitative” in property.
The quantity of free speech is equal to the amount of money you can spend in our capitalist market economy.
Two years ago with “Citizens United” the Conservative Activist SCOTUS basically said that Corporations are American Citizens and they can spend as much money in politics as they want.
Corporations and Unions have nearly an unlimited amount of speech since they have vast quantities of money.
And we all know that the speech special interests prefer to use to sway voters is in the political arena, in order to get politicians to favor them and their special lobbies/Special interest is in advertising that either props their candidate or can be used to clobber a politician that works against them.
We equate the quantity of money one has with the rights of success and that wealth has certain privileges. We have already equated the speech rights of organizations with the rights of a person, right? If we already have equated spending money with free speech there is only a next logical and organic step forward.
This is my plan: Private Sector organizations (corporations, Unions, non-profits) and the wealthy get votes equal to the quantity of capital that they have; So, for instance, if you are in the middle class or lower you get 1 vote, once you get to 1 million you get an extra vote. A wealthy person or a corporation who has 100 million could get up to 100 votes.
So my question is this: Should we go one step further and give Corporations/Unions the right to vote and the quantity of votes a person get’s is based on the quantity of money that they have?
- GarberPark 35th Topic - This space for rent
- It's Hemmer Time A new ballot design from the Government Accountability Board? Really?
- Cook's Corner Summer in Wisconsin equals chili: Basic chili from leftover taco meat
- The Engineering Perspective War Powers Act
- Eagle's Eye Global Humbug IX-Environmental Madness
- Fair E-tales Until next time
- "Hear's" to Life! October Conference for Hearing Loss!
- Oconomowoc Community 30x30 Nature Challenge Addie’s Guardian Angel
- Giving pet owners the power of information What every pet owner should know… giving pet owners the power of information
- Community Splashes June 7th Adaptive Water Ski Day for Waukesha County on Pewaukee Lake