Those who voted for Barry O. in 2008 on the promise of "hope and change" don't seem very happy lately. Barry's poll numbers aren't looking too good. Obama's recent Magical Mystery Bus Tour in the midwest was a bust - with tough crowds and a President who - without his beloved teleprompter - seemed to get a bit irate at times that the crowds weren't fawning all over him as they had just a few short years ago. People were actually asking some tough questions about the economy and jobs, throwing Obama for a loop. My, how times change.
One of my "conservative sisters" who likes to be referred to as "Believer Bee" sent me the following e-mail that has been making the rounds. (Thanks, BB!). Given that a very strong conservative wave seems to be sweeping the country - as well as our own state - if your friends and family members forget why they voted for Obama and/or other Dems, you could supply them with this handy list. They could then pick their top reason(s) why they were so foolish...
TOP 12 Reasons for voting for a Democrat
1) I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn't.
2) I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
3) I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
4) I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
5) I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
6) I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, an education, and Social Security benefits. Plus, we should take away social security from those who paid into it.
7) I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep Death Row inmates alive.
8) I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to regularly re-write the Constitution to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
9) I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest back to the government for redistribution by Democrats.
10) I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil rather than drill for our own since it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish.
11) I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE."
12) I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my posterior, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
- The unbelievable irony... (0)
- Trick or Trek (0)
- "It looks like it may be a terrible tragedy???" (0)
- OK, so Obama is WORST president ever...what's next? (0)
- C'mon - bring 'em on in!!! Future Democratic voters of America unite! (0)
- Worst president ever... (0)
- Congrats to Dave Brat!!! (0)
- Obama's Foreign Policy summed up in one tweet... (0)
- Come Mr. Taliban, Taliban banana...daylight come and me wanna go home... (0)
- "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." - Walter Scott (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts