By now most people in the United States know that President Obama's recent campaign tour (actually called a "presidential bus tour" - (not political, mind you! - so that taxpayers had to foot the bill) around the Midwest was a complete flop. The crowds of yesterday who, in the past, couldn't get enough of their Messiah, have faded. Same can be said about Obama's job approval rating in the polls, which now stands at 39% according to Gallup. Instead, Obama faced hostile crowds intent on asking hardball questions about the economy and jobs. Obama at times got a bit irate - and without his beloved teleprompter, appeared to be a wee bit perturbed. With no answers to the tough questions. One could say the bus tour was a bus-t.
Just looking at the "bus" the President traveled through the Midwest in should serve to strike fear in the hearts of fans of mass transit. It's one scary vehicle, carrying one scary president! One of my frequent readers (thanks Believer Bee) dubbed it "The Darth Vader Strikes Again Tour bus" which seems rather fitting. Aside from looking threatening, just imagine the large carbon footprints this monster bus left in it's wake! Where are all the environmental wacko's when you need 'em? (Al Gore must have been really upset - probably ran out and planted a few trees to try to help offset the damages to the environment...)
Now, the real interesting part of this whole trip is....guess where this behemoth bus was built?
From the ABC News/Politics website:
The $1.1 million jet-black rumbling bus that has been carrying Obama through the Midwest this week was designed in part by Prevost, a motor coach manufacturer based in Quebec. The New York Post was first to report this, and Provost officials confirmed this fact to ABC News.
Also from the same website:
"We've got folks in America driving Kias and Hyundais. I want to see folks in Korea driving Fords and Chryslers and Chevys," Obama said, drawing applause. "I want to sell goods all over the world that are stamped with three words: "Made in America."
Ah, the hypocrisy of the left. Yet another classic example of the "do as we say, not as we do" motto of the Democratic Party.
- The unbelievable irony... (0)
- Trick or Trek (updated 7/25/14) (0)
- "It looks like it may be a terrible tragedy???" (0)
- OK, so Obama is WORST president ever...what's next? (0)
- C'mon - bring 'em on in!!! Future Democratic voters of America unite! (0)
- Worst president ever... (0)
- Congrats to Dave Brat!!! (0)
- Obama's Foreign Policy summed up in one tweet... (0)
- Come Mr. Taliban, Taliban banana...daylight come and me wanna go home... (0)
- "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." - Walter Scott (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts