Governor Scott Walker has decided that the tree which will be displayed in the Capitol Rotunda to celebrate Christmas will be called a.......
Yes, Governor Walker has gone out on a limb. The politically-correct "Holiday Tree" label has been nixed. Finally!
Of course the usual nonsense about "separation of church and state" has surfaced. It doesn't matter that such words are nowhere to be found in the U.S. Constitution.
The perpetually-offended crowd is already saying that the term "Christmas tree" will upset non-religious people. The Madison-based Freedom From Religion Foundation president, Annie Laurie Gaylor, says that Walker calling a "Christmas Tree" a "Christmas Tree" is "rude and insensitive to non-Christians. (Does this mean that calling a "Christmas Tree" a "Holiday Tree" for the past several years has been "rude and insensitive to Christians?")
Walker spokesperson Cullen Werwie sums it up nicely:
"It's a Christmas tree. In all honesty, I don't know what more to say about it."
- Marco Rubio (R-FL) tells it like it is on the "Cuban paradise" lefties so love... (0)
- Oooooh! That EVIL Governor Walker!!! (0)
- Income inequality? (0)
- Free Agency - another perk of Obamacare! (0)
- Walker vs. Obama (0)
- A Great Way to Start 2014 (0)
- Baa Baa Wah Wah (0)
- Just goofin' off - at Mandela's funeral. (0)
- Obama just can't help himself (0)
- It's working... (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts