Governor Scott Walker has decided that the tree which will be displayed in the Capitol Rotunda to celebrate Christmas will be called a.......
Yes, Governor Walker has gone out on a limb. The politically-correct "Holiday Tree" label has been nixed. Finally!
Of course the usual nonsense about "separation of church and state" has surfaced. It doesn't matter that such words are nowhere to be found in the U.S. Constitution.
The perpetually-offended crowd is already saying that the term "Christmas tree" will upset non-religious people. The Madison-based Freedom From Religion Foundation president, Annie Laurie Gaylor, says that Walker calling a "Christmas Tree" a "Christmas Tree" is "rude and insensitive to non-Christians. (Does this mean that calling a "Christmas Tree" a "Holiday Tree" for the past several years has been "rude and insensitive to Christians?")
Walker spokesperson Cullen Werwie sums it up nicely:
"It's a Christmas tree. In all honesty, I don't know what more to say about it."
- The unbelievable irony... (0)
- Trick or Trek (updated 7/25/14) (0)
- "It looks like it may be a terrible tragedy???" (0)
- OK, so Obama is WORST president ever...what's next? (0)
- C'mon - bring 'em on in!!! Future Democratic voters of America unite! (0)
- Worst president ever... (0)
- Congrats to Dave Brat!!! (0)
- Obama's Foreign Policy summed up in one tweet... (0)
- Come Mr. Taliban, Taliban banana...daylight come and me wanna go home... (0)
- "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive." - Walter Scott (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts