Almost one week after the election, many of us are finally coming out of a severe fog of depression. As conservatives/Republicans we realize the good fight isn't over. It's just gotten tougher. As time goes on and 2014 and 2016 draw close, we must focus on the task at hand and get back to work. We must save America from the clear and present dangers from within.
The re-election of Barack Hussein Obama was a big let-down for at least half of the nation. But do not despair. Even on Tuesday, November 6th, there WAS good news - the so-called "silver lining." Conservative pundit Michelle Malkin put together a list of "20 Things That Went Right On Election Day," (which our own WTMJ conservative radio talk show host Charlie Sykes featured on his website):
1. Republicans retained control of the U.S. House of Representatives.
2. Voters in Alabama, Montana, and Wyoming all passed measures limiting Obamacare.
3. Tea Party candidate Ted Cruz, one of the conservative movement’s brightest rising stars, overcame establishment GOP opposition to clinch a U.S. Senate victory in Texas.
4. Corruptocrat Beltway barnacle Rep. Pete Stark was finally kicked out of office in California.
5. Despite entrenched teachers’ union opposition, a charter school initiative in Washington state triumphed.
6. Despite entrenched Big Labor support, a radical collective bargaining power grab in Michigan failed.
8. Montana voters said no to boundless benefits for illegal aliens.
9. Washington state approved taxpayer-empowering limitations on its state legislature’s ability to raise taxes.
10. For the first time since Reconstruction, the GOP won control of the Arkansas state house.
12. Louisiana voted to protect gun rights.
13. Kentucky voted to protect hunting and fishing rights.
14. Parental notification for minors’ abortion prevailed in Montana.
15. North Carolina Republicans claimed the governor’s office, congressional gains, and control of the state’s general assembly.
16. Paul Ryan will return to Congress after winning re-election and continue to carry the torch for entitlement reform and budget discipline.
17. Conservatives won big victories in the Kansas state legislature.
18. Republicans won historic supermajorities in Tennessee.
19.Across the country, Republicans reached a post-2000 record number of gubernatorial victories.
20. Conservatives who were devastated by the national election results demonstrated how to lose with dignity and grace. There will be finger-pointing and recriminations and soul-searching, but committed activists can’t and won’t lose heart. We’ll regroup, recover, and keep fighting for our country.
Our friend and commenter SteveEgg adds: “And you missed Rs retaking the WI Senate.”
- Please Mr. Postman!!! (0)
- April Fools (0)
- Uniform Voting Hours - bringing fairness to Wisconsin voters! (0)
- Live the dream, liberals! (0)
- Obama picks NCAA bracket; Putin redraws Russia's borders. (0)
- Liberal Hypocrisy (0)
- Marco Rubio (R-FL) tells it like it is on the "Cuban paradise" lefties so love... (0)
- Oooooh! That EVIL Governor Walker!!! (0)
- Income inequality? (0)
- Free Agency - another perk of Obamacare! (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts