1. an organism that obtains nourishment and shelter on another organism
parasites can cause harm and/or disease to their hosts
1. an organism that harbors or nourishes another organism (the parasite).
So the unions, unwilling to take a supposed 8% reduction in workers wages and 17% reduction in pensions (although some sites report a 2% decrease in pensions that the union rejected), instead ended up running Hostess out of business. The company that provided 18,500 people with jobs for decades - and very good ones at that - had to shut its doors. Let's also not overlook the fact that in these trying economic times, many businesses have had to make concessions just to stay afloat. Many private businesses routinely ask workers to take a pay freeze or pay reduction. Also, many private businesses don't even offer pensions anymore - employees are expected to save their own money to fund their own eventual retirements. All of these actions are necessary just to stay in business. (As the saying goes: drastic times call for drastic measures.) Yet, in the case of Hostess, the unions felt it was better to let the company go under then to agree to some minor concessions. The unions wanted employees to keep getting paid the same and keep their benefit packages intact. To hell with allowing Hostess the ability to "make a profit" just to keep operating.
And talk about absurd - in Maine at a Hostess plant, striking workers were actually chanting "shut it down, shut it down!"
One can just picture the union bosses in some office, patting each other on the backs and saying "we showed them!" Yes, you sure did. Striking workers who lose their jobs do not qualify for unemployment compensation. And those workers who did not strike lost their jobs because of those who were striking. In the words of liberals everywhere: Is that FAIR???
The parasites just killed the Host(ess).
- Marco Rubio (R-FL) tells it like it is on the "Cuban paradise" lefties so love... (0)
- Oooooh! That EVIL Governor Walker!!! (0)
- Income inequality? (0)
- Free Agency - another perk of Obamacare! (0)
- Walker vs. Obama (0)
- A Great Way to Start 2014 (0)
- Baa Baa Wah Wah (0)
- Just goofin' off - at Mandela's funeral. (0)
- Obama just can't help himself (0)
- It's working... (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts