Many of us know how biased the mainstream media has been and is. Journalism - real journalism - appears to have died a few decades ago. No longer do we ever simply get the "who, what, why, when, and how" in a story. Instead, the few of those of us who still buy newspapers or other print media are treated to a daily dose of a liberal political agenda. Story after story tends to veer left, while any articles that may place a certain political party and/or president in an unfavorable light are simply left out - ignored- buried.
Instead of "reporters" we have, for the most part, liberal activists who appear to be card-carrying members of the Barry Obama Fan Club.
Our own Sunday (October 20th, 2013) Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (or the "Milwaukee Urinal/Sentinel" for those of us who call 'em as we see 'em) is bursting with classic examples of liberal reporting gone amok. The paper seems to be getting worse as time goes on, throwing out ANY pretense at unbiased reporting.
I thought it would be a fun exercise to highlight a few of the "lowlights" in the recent paper as to how far "journalism" has sunk. I refer specifically to this past Sunday's edition (10/20/2013).
Let's start with the main section (lots of examples to choose from - oh so hard! I'll go with the top four):
1) POLITICRAP!!! It's always a great place to begin! Funny how the "truth" meter always seems to work in favor for the Dems and liberals and Obama, yet....guess what? That little "truth" meter tends to get a broken needle and register "pants on fire" or "mostly false" quite a lot for those on the opposite end of the political spectrum. Why is that?
In Sunday's paper, we are treated to a story on Mary Burke (yep, Scott Walker's leftie opponent for governor, who could be Tammy Baldwin's separated-at-birth twin). Burke claims that Wisconsin is 49th in the state regarding new businesses created. Too bad her information is from March of 2011. Politicrap even points this out, and admits that the Wisconsin's ranking is looking better and better as time goes by. But, for some odd reason, the headline reads "Burke near target on new businesses." Yep. Looks like the Journal/Sentinel is playing fast and loose - get the headline and hope the low-information voters don't bother to read the story. All they'll see is the little needle reporting "mostly true" for Burke. Besides, we know the folks at the Urinal/Sentinel would love to see Burke beat Walker. They'll do their part to help her out in the days, weeks, and months to come. (Then when it looks like a lost cause, they'll bail and endorse Walker!!! LOL!)...
Further in, we get this story that almost made me gag:
2) "Obama nurtures faith away from the spotlight" Translation: "Obama doesn't go to church on Sundays because he wants to golf." But now the media, for some reason, at this time has to promote the bizarre idea that Obama worships "in his own way" (in his own mind). This article could really make you toss your cookies. (Reverend Jeremiah Wright (whose church Obama attended for 20 years) - who railed and ranted against America) is barely mentioned.) Instead, we get reports on how Obama reads devotional writings specifically written for him. How Obama receives prayers from some for the year to come. How scripture helps Obama live life as a president, husband, and father. What's really cool is that Obama reads these on his Blackberry!!! WOW!!! C'mon - what WAS the point of this story? To let us know that even though Obama doesn't attend church he has other ways of worshiping himself in private?
And on PAGE 23A, we finally get this:
3) "476,000 Obamacare applications filed, officials say". First off, this is a big lie. Secondly, the rollout of Obamacare has been a disaster. A HUGE disaster. The Obama Administration is actually refusing to say how many people have truly signed up - and at least the Republicans are demanding that they report the honest numbers. The Administration says actual numbers won't come out until November. The roll-out of this massive government take-over of health care is just a prelude of the disasters yet to come. Think the shut-down in which Obama inflicted as much "pain" as possible was bad? Just wait till Obamacare gets started. But I did hear that Obama is "really really mad" about how pathetic the Obamacare start-up has been! People WILL be held accountable (hey, didn't we hear that after Benghazi? the NSA spying? the IRS scandal? ...) Now, wouldn't one think that with all the issues associated with the Obamacare rollout, such a debacle would warrant page one above the fold? Nah. Wouldn't have made The One and his socialist minions look good... If the government cannot even get a simple website ready in three years, just imagine how health care needs are really going to be addressed. Scary.
As a side note, does anyone see the irony with the lefties who always demand the right to kill their unborn babies (it's THEIR body! it's THEIR right!) ala abortion, yet are AOK with Obamacare taking over their own health care choices? the government having control over their own bodies? Obamacare: determining who lives and who dies? who gets care and who doesn't? who is too old and doesn't deserve treatment? which doctors you can go to? which treatments you can have? C'mon, lefties, defend the indefensible.
But let's not miss out on yet another "bash the Republicans" story when the paper gets a chance!!!
4) "After shutdown, GOP is divided" Ah yes, let's get in the typical "death of the GOP" report. Blame the shutdown on Republicans (not true). Vilify Republican Ted Cruz for doing the right thing. No, folks, I think the paper is just following the marching orders from Barry & Co. that the media has to make the GOP look as evil as possible, even though President Barack Hussein Obama and his leftist co-horts are to blame. The Republicans tried to stand up to the individual mandate in Obamacare - saving people a lot of money and pain - but it didn't work. The Republicans tried to make big government more responsible for spending with reckless abandon - but it didn't work. However, I do believe in the long run, many people did see a very evil man - Obama - doing the best he could to make people suffer. And Obama - the supposed "great uniter" - took every chance he had to demonize and smack down the GOP. Childish. Arrogant. Unpresidential. Expected. All done in order to simply advance his own socialist agenda. Yet, we won't get any reports on such. No. Instead we'll hear about how fractured the GOP is. Whatever.
Moving on to my really FAVORITE section that totally promotes the liberal agenda....yep...you guessed it!!! CROSSROADS!!!!
Egads. The first story is about the plight of fast food workers and how they need to make $15 an hour!
1) "Low pay leaves fast-food workers in a pickle." Sadly we hear about the plight of a 24 year old who has worked at McDonalds since she was 17 and SIMPLY CAN'T MAKE IT!!! This one had me shaking my head. No matter what liberals say, entry-level jobs were never meant to be a career. Entry-level jobs were meant to provide an opportunity for businesses to pay lower wages to employees who had little to no work experience and, in return, received the opportunity to gain experience and move up the job ladder. Period. And I just had to wonder - OK - you're 17. You've worked at McDonalds for SEVEN years and still have not moved up the ladder??? Is that McDonalds fault or yours??? But of course, this story is an opportunity to bash the evil corporations that liberals seem to hate so. They don't appear to understand that the evil corporations provide much-needed jobs for Americans across the country. They don't seem to understand that such corporations provide opportunities to many to work hard and better themselves and - make a living!
Then comes a oh-socialism-is-oh-so-wonderful story:
2) Those Danes sure are happy, but why? Looks like the Danish citizen who wrote the article is really happy cuz:
Danes pay really, really high income taxes!!! And it's really neat that there is LOW income disparity!!! Sound familiar? Like something our Socialist-In-Chief is trying to do to America? Heck, it appears that Dane's LOVE the welfare system! Way to go! According to the Danish author, everyone is happy cuz no one makes a lot of money!!! Nope! Most of it goes to the government - in order to be (the favorite leftie buzzword) "fair." Just a little side note (that the author mentions) - those who wish to really be successful and work hard tend to flee Denmark...
And of course, since most Danes don't want to or don't need to work since they rely on the government for most of their "wants" and "needs" - heck! that ole' work week is reduced. Lots of time off! Lots of free time! Just what Nancy Pelosi, Obama, and other socialists envision! The government is the mommy, daddy, and main provider for all! While the little kiddies sit back, do nothing, and get government subsidies. Ain't life grand! And this, folks, is one example of the type of article that the Milwaukee Urinal/Sentinel chooses to print. WHY?
I could go on. As the days go by, the Urinal/Sentinel will continue on it's liberal path - honest journalism be damned. All in an effort to lull the masses into believing that somehow, someway the garbage that Obama and Co. are trying to shove down our throats will somehow be acceptable. Yet, where are the reports that Obama's approval ratings had sunk to 37%? (Remember when that was big news when Bush's approval ratings were the same? The leftie media couldn't say it enough? Why not a peep when The One is in the The Tank?). Yet, we conservatives and Republicans have come to expect no less and no more from the media. We have a greater enemy than President Barrack Hussein Obama - the mainstream media. Until the low-information voters wake up out of their Obama-induced "give me give me" stupor, nothing will change. Very sad. For a country built upon hard work, personal responsibility, pride, self-reliance, faith, and patriotism - it is very disheartening to see The United States of America reduced to a nation of government reliance, laziness, blame, hate, and envy.
And the media - including our own Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel (day after day after day) - shares a huge part of the blame.
- Just goofin' off - at Mandela's funeral. (0)
- Obama just can't help himself (0)
- It's working... (0)
- The Real Thanksgiving Story: A Failed Experiment in Socialism (0)
- 2005 till the present - what a difference a few years make... (0)
- A little fun for once... (0)
- An Incorrect Promise (0)
- Obama: lie upon lie upon lie... (0)
- Whatever... (0)
- ObamaScare... (0)
- More It's Hemmer Time posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007