You don’t have to be a mouse to enjoy the delectable samplings of unique cheeses at the Blue Ribbon Artisan Tasting and Sale this weekend at the Elegant Farmer. The Cheese that Stands Alone at the event is the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair’s award-winning Grand Master Champion, a rosemary-olive oil rubbed asiago crafted by cheese-maker Mike Matucheski of Sartori Foods. The Elegant Farmer bought the cheese at auction for $127.50 a pound. The 20-pound wheel, that will be available for tasting, cost $2,550.
Other big cheeses you can try include current and past Blue Winners such as White Jasmine’s Tandorri, Cumin and Sajii barbecue Gouda cheeses, Harmony Specialty Dairy Food’s Caerphilly and many others. The Elegant Farmer bought
The samplings will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the Elegant Farmer located at highways ES and J in Mukwonago.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts