You don’t have to be a mouse to enjoy the delectable samplings of unique cheeses at the Blue Ribbon Artisan Tasting and Sale this weekend at the Elegant Farmer. The Cheese that Stands Alone at the event is the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair’s award-winning Grand Master Champion, a rosemary-olive oil rubbed asiago crafted by cheese-maker Mike Matucheski of Sartori Foods. The Elegant Farmer bought the cheese at auction for $127.50 a pound. The 20-pound wheel, that will be available for tasting, cost $2,550.
Other big cheeses you can try include current and past Blue Winners such as White Jasmine’s Tandorri, Cumin and Sajii barbecue Gouda cheeses, Harmony Specialty Dairy Food’s Caerphilly and many others. The Elegant Farmer bought
The samplings will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the Elegant Farmer located at highways ES and J in Mukwonago.
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts