You don’t have to be a mouse to enjoy the delectable samplings of unique cheeses at the Blue Ribbon Artisan Tasting and Sale this weekend at the Elegant Farmer. The Cheese that Stands Alone at the event is the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair’s award-winning Grand Master Champion, a rosemary-olive oil rubbed asiago crafted by cheese-maker Mike Matucheski of Sartori Foods. The Elegant Farmer bought the cheese at auction for $127.50 a pound. The 20-pound wheel, that will be available for tasting, cost $2,550.
Other big cheeses you can try include current and past Blue Winners such as White Jasmine’s Tandorri, Cumin and Sajii barbecue Gouda cheeses, Harmony Specialty Dairy Food’s Caerphilly and many others. The Elegant Farmer bought
The samplings will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the Elegant Farmer located at highways ES and J in Mukwonago.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts