You don’t have to be a mouse to enjoy the delectable samplings of unique cheeses at the Blue Ribbon Artisan Tasting and Sale this weekend at the Elegant Farmer. The Cheese that Stands Alone at the event is the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair’s award-winning Grand Master Champion, a rosemary-olive oil rubbed asiago crafted by cheese-maker Mike Matucheski of Sartori Foods. The Elegant Farmer bought the cheese at auction for $127.50 a pound. The 20-pound wheel, that will be available for tasting, cost $2,550.
Other big cheeses you can try include current and past Blue Winners such as White Jasmine’s Tandorri, Cumin and Sajii barbecue Gouda cheeses, Harmony Specialty Dairy Food’s Caerphilly and many others. The Elegant Farmer bought
The samplings will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the Elegant Farmer located at highways ES and J in Mukwonago.
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts