You don’t have to be a mouse to enjoy the delectable samplings of unique cheeses at the Blue Ribbon Artisan Tasting and Sale this weekend at the Elegant Farmer. The Cheese that Stands Alone at the event is the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair’s award-winning Grand Master Champion, a rosemary-olive oil rubbed asiago crafted by cheese-maker Mike Matucheski of Sartori Foods. The Elegant Farmer bought the cheese at auction for $127.50 a pound. The 20-pound wheel, that will be available for tasting, cost $2,550.
Other big cheeses you can try include current and past Blue Winners such as White Jasmine’s Tandorri, Cumin and Sajii barbecue Gouda cheeses, Harmony Specialty Dairy Food’s Caerphilly and many others. The Elegant Farmer bought
The samplings will take place from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and Monday at the Elegant Farmer located at highways ES and J in Mukwonago.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts