City of Oconomowoc Police Chief David Beguhn said a total of seven people were transported to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital for treatment of minor injuries sustained early this morning in a school bus accident (photo gallery).
According to the Chief, a small Toyota Yaris rear-ended the school bus carrying intermediate and high school students at Franklin and Jefferson Streets. The school bus was stopped prior to impact and did activate its lights and sign prior to stopping.
Occupants of the vehicle, high school students on their way to school, were treated for complaints of back and neck injuries; there were very minor injuries to the occupants of the bus, Beguhn said.
Police are investigating the incident.
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts