The two Arrowhead varsity cross country teams won championships last Friday at the Leighton Betz Invite at Greenfield Park in West Allis. The girls won with 39 points and the boys won with 50 points.
Freshman Jackie Dubnicka of Arrowhead won the girls 4,000-meter race with a time of 15:14. She won by 10 seconds. She is now a perfect 2-for-2 in her brief high school career. Others figuring in the scoring for the Warhawks were Taylor McDowell in fifth at 15:43, Andie Zeman seventh at 15:47, Danielle Dvorak 12th at 16:11 and Tayler McCormack 14th at 16:19.
In the boys race, Russell Sandvold was second overall at 16:16. He lost to Dan Schubert of Appleton East by seven seconds.
Other Warhawks figuring in the scoring were Kyle Lewin in fifth at 16:30, Nick Linnan 10th at 17:02, Ben Bierman 13th at 17:06 and Yutaka Ogiso 20th at 17:28.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts