Running before a huge crowd Thursday afternoon, University Lake School junior Molly Seidel and the two coed teams from host Arrowhead ran off with championships at the 25th annual AHS Cross Country Invite.
Seidel, the two-time WIAA Division 3 state champion, broke her old course record in winning the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:05. That's the fastest time in the state this year and one of the fastest times in the country.
While Seidel was winning, the AHS girls team also won the team title. Arrowhead had 53 points and the upstart Oconomowoc Raccoons were next at 60 points. AHS was led by Jackie Dubnicka in second place at 14:24, Andie Zeman eighth at 15:16, Taylor McDowell 11th at 15:24, Tayler McCormack 14th at 15:38 and Danielle Dvorak 19th at 15:41.
Arrowhead won the boys title by the slightest of margins.The Warhawks had 59 points and Jansville Craig had 60.
Russell Sandvold led the Warhawks in second place at 15:50. He was followed by Nick Linnan in 12th at 16:35, Ben Bierman 13th at 16:37, Kyle Lewin 14th at 16:38 and Jake Dubnicka 18th at 16:45.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts