Running before a huge crowd Thursday afternoon, University Lake School junior Molly Seidel and the two coed teams from host Arrowhead ran off with championships at the 25th annual AHS Cross Country Invite.
Seidel, the two-time WIAA Division 3 state champion, broke her old course record in winning the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:05. That's the fastest time in the state this year and one of the fastest times in the country.
While Seidel was winning, the AHS girls team also won the team title. Arrowhead had 53 points and the upstart Oconomowoc Raccoons were next at 60 points. AHS was led by Jackie Dubnicka in second place at 14:24, Andie Zeman eighth at 15:16, Taylor McDowell 11th at 15:24, Tayler McCormack 14th at 15:38 and Danielle Dvorak 19th at 15:41.
Arrowhead won the boys title by the slightest of margins.The Warhawks had 59 points and Jansville Craig had 60.
Russell Sandvold led the Warhawks in second place at 15:50. He was followed by Nick Linnan in 12th at 16:35, Ben Bierman 13th at 16:37, Kyle Lewin 14th at 16:38 and Jake Dubnicka 18th at 16:45.
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts