Running before a huge crowd Thursday afternoon, University Lake School junior Molly Seidel and the two coed teams from host Arrowhead ran off with championships at the 25th annual AHS Cross Country Invite.
Seidel, the two-time WIAA Division 3 state champion, broke her old course record in winning the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:05. That's the fastest time in the state this year and one of the fastest times in the country.
While Seidel was winning, the AHS girls team also won the team title. Arrowhead had 53 points and the upstart Oconomowoc Raccoons were next at 60 points. AHS was led by Jackie Dubnicka in second place at 14:24, Andie Zeman eighth at 15:16, Taylor McDowell 11th at 15:24, Tayler McCormack 14th at 15:38 and Danielle Dvorak 19th at 15:41.
Arrowhead won the boys title by the slightest of margins.The Warhawks had 59 points and Jansville Craig had 60.
Russell Sandvold led the Warhawks in second place at 15:50. He was followed by Nick Linnan in 12th at 16:35, Ben Bierman 13th at 16:37, Kyle Lewin 14th at 16:38 and Jake Dubnicka 18th at 16:45.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts