Little went right for the Oconomowoc football team Friday, as it was unable to reprise its upset of Hartford last year and fell to the host Orioles, 34-7.
Running back Brady Nold, a workhorse who earned first team All-Conference honors as a junior last season, was lost early in the game with a knee injury. Cooney coach Ryan McMillen said the senior would be re-evaluated, but Nold was unable to return to action.
Oconomowoc (1-2) committed four turnovers in the first half and finished with four interceptions thrown -- including one returned for a touchdown in the second quarter to fall behind, 20-0. Alex Eckes caught a touchdown from Alex Lavine to account for the only Oconomowoc points on a 20-yard play.
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts