Little went right for the Oconomowoc football team Friday, as it was unable to reprise its upset of Hartford last year and fell to the host Orioles, 34-7.
Running back Brady Nold, a workhorse who earned first team All-Conference honors as a junior last season, was lost early in the game with a knee injury. Cooney coach Ryan McMillen said the senior would be re-evaluated, but Nold was unable to return to action.
Oconomowoc (1-2) committed four turnovers in the first half and finished with four interceptions thrown -- including one returned for a touchdown in the second quarter to fall behind, 20-0. Alex Eckes caught a touchdown from Alex Lavine to account for the only Oconomowoc points on a 20-yard play.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts