Little went right for the Oconomowoc football team Friday, as it was unable to reprise its upset of Hartford last year and fell to the host Orioles, 34-7.
Running back Brady Nold, a workhorse who earned first team All-Conference honors as a junior last season, was lost early in the game with a knee injury. Cooney coach Ryan McMillen said the senior would be re-evaluated, but Nold was unable to return to action.
Oconomowoc (1-2) committed four turnovers in the first half and finished with four interceptions thrown -- including one returned for a touchdown in the second quarter to fall behind, 20-0. Alex Eckes caught a touchdown from Alex Lavine to account for the only Oconomowoc points on a 20-yard play.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts