Little went right for the Oconomowoc football team Friday, as it was unable to reprise its upset of Hartford last year and fell to the host Orioles, 34-7.
Running back Brady Nold, a workhorse who earned first team All-Conference honors as a junior last season, was lost early in the game with a knee injury. Cooney coach Ryan McMillen said the senior would be re-evaluated, but Nold was unable to return to action.
Oconomowoc (1-2) committed four turnovers in the first half and finished with four interceptions thrown -- including one returned for a touchdown in the second quarter to fall behind, 20-0. Alex Eckes caught a touchdown from Alex Lavine to account for the only Oconomowoc points on a 20-yard play.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts