Little went right for the Oconomowoc football team Friday, as it was unable to reprise its upset of Hartford last year and fell to the host Orioles, 34-7.
Running back Brady Nold, a workhorse who earned first team All-Conference honors as a junior last season, was lost early in the game with a knee injury. Cooney coach Ryan McMillen said the senior would be re-evaluated, but Nold was unable to return to action.
Oconomowoc (1-2) committed four turnovers in the first half and finished with four interceptions thrown -- including one returned for a touchdown in the second quarter to fall behind, 20-0. Alex Eckes caught a touchdown from Alex Lavine to account for the only Oconomowoc points on a 20-yard play.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts