Mukwonago's football team staged the biggest upset of the young football season with a 27-17 shocker over Arrowhead, ranked No. 2 in the state entering the week.
Mukwonago quarterback Derek Hasanoglu rushed 23 times for 133 yards and threw for three touchdowns, including two to Mitch Polk. The win was a catharsis for the Indians, who haven't defeated Arrowhead since 2005-06 and have lost the previous four matchups by a combined score of 161-9.
Jamahl Wright returned a kickoff for a touchdown to answer the second of two quick Indians touchdowns, but Mukwonago had a 21-14 lead by halftime. Darin Howell hit two field goals in the second half to keep the Indians ahead.
The Indians (2-1) now travel to face Catholic Memorial (3-0) next week. Arrowhead (2-1) hosts Waukesha West (3-0).
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts