Mukwonago's football team staged the biggest upset of the young football season with a 27-17 shocker over Arrowhead, ranked No. 2 in the state entering the week.
Mukwonago quarterback Derek Hasanoglu rushed 23 times for 133 yards and threw for three touchdowns, including two to Mitch Polk. The win was a catharsis for the Indians, who haven't defeated Arrowhead since 2005-06 and have lost the previous four matchups by a combined score of 161-9.
Jamahl Wright returned a kickoff for a touchdown to answer the second of two quick Indians touchdowns, but Mukwonago had a 21-14 lead by halftime. Darin Howell hit two field goals in the second half to keep the Indians ahead.
The Indians (2-1) now travel to face Catholic Memorial (3-0) next week. Arrowhead (2-1) hosts Waukesha West (3-0).
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts