Mukwonago's football team staged the biggest upset of the young football season with a 27-17 shocker over Arrowhead, ranked No. 2 in the state entering the week.
Mukwonago quarterback Derek Hasanoglu rushed 23 times for 133 yards and threw for three touchdowns, including two to Mitch Polk. The win was a catharsis for the Indians, who haven't defeated Arrowhead since 2005-06 and have lost the previous four matchups by a combined score of 161-9.
Jamahl Wright returned a kickoff for a touchdown to answer the second of two quick Indians touchdowns, but Mukwonago had a 21-14 lead by halftime. Darin Howell hit two field goals in the second half to keep the Indians ahead.
The Indians (2-1) now travel to face Catholic Memorial (3-0) next week. Arrowhead (2-1) hosts Waukesha West (3-0).
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts