Mukwonago's football team staged the biggest upset of the young football season with a 27-17 shocker over Arrowhead, ranked No. 2 in the state entering the week.
Mukwonago quarterback Derek Hasanoglu rushed 23 times for 133 yards and threw for three touchdowns, including two to Mitch Polk. The win was a catharsis for the Indians, who haven't defeated Arrowhead since 2005-06 and have lost the previous four matchups by a combined score of 161-9.
Jamahl Wright returned a kickoff for a touchdown to answer the second of two quick Indians touchdowns, but Mukwonago had a 21-14 lead by halftime. Darin Howell hit two field goals in the second half to keep the Indians ahead.
The Indians (2-1) now travel to face Catholic Memorial (3-0) next week. Arrowhead (2-1) hosts Waukesha West (3-0).
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts