Mukwonago's football team staged the biggest upset of the young football season with a 27-17 shocker over Arrowhead, ranked No. 2 in the state entering the week.
Mukwonago quarterback Derek Hasanoglu rushed 23 times for 133 yards and threw for three touchdowns, including two to Mitch Polk. The win was a catharsis for the Indians, who haven't defeated Arrowhead since 2005-06 and have lost the previous four matchups by a combined score of 161-9.
Jamahl Wright returned a kickoff for a touchdown to answer the second of two quick Indians touchdowns, but Mukwonago had a 21-14 lead by halftime. Darin Howell hit two field goals in the second half to keep the Indians ahead.
The Indians (2-1) now travel to face Catholic Memorial (3-0) next week. Arrowhead (2-1) hosts Waukesha West (3-0).
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts