Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki appears to be cruising towards reelection based on very early election returns posted by the Waukesha County Clerks office.
Trawicki has captured 9,352 votes, 72 percent of the ballots counted within 50 minutes after the polls closed at 8 p.m. His closest competitor in the four candidate contest for the Republican nomination is former Town of Lisbon police Sgt.Tom Alioto who has 2,268 votes or about 17 per cent of the ballots counted so far.
The winner of the GOP primary is likely to win the November general election because Waukesha County is predominately Republican. So far, there is no democratic candidate scheduled on the ballot for the November general election however there are democratic write in votes being cast in today's partisan primary election.
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts