Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki appears to be cruising towards reelection based on very early election returns posted by the Waukesha County Clerks office.
Trawicki has captured 9,352 votes, 72 percent of the ballots counted within 50 minutes after the polls closed at 8 p.m. His closest competitor in the four candidate contest for the Republican nomination is former Town of Lisbon police Sgt.Tom Alioto who has 2,268 votes or about 17 per cent of the ballots counted so far.
The winner of the GOP primary is likely to win the November general election because Waukesha County is predominately Republican. So far, there is no democratic candidate scheduled on the ballot for the November general election however there are democratic write in votes being cast in today's partisan primary election.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts