Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki appears to be cruising towards reelection based on very early election returns posted by the Waukesha County Clerks office.
Trawicki has captured 9,352 votes, 72 percent of the ballots counted within 50 minutes after the polls closed at 8 p.m. His closest competitor in the four candidate contest for the Republican nomination is former Town of Lisbon police Sgt.Tom Alioto who has 2,268 votes or about 17 per cent of the ballots counted so far.
The winner of the GOP primary is likely to win the November general election because Waukesha County is predominately Republican. So far, there is no democratic candidate scheduled on the ballot for the November general election however there are democratic write in votes being cast in today's partisan primary election.
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts