Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki appears to be cruising towards reelection based on very early election returns posted by the Waukesha County Clerks office.
Trawicki has captured 9,352 votes, 72 percent of the ballots counted within 50 minutes after the polls closed at 8 p.m. His closest competitor in the four candidate contest for the Republican nomination is former Town of Lisbon police Sgt.Tom Alioto who has 2,268 votes or about 17 per cent of the ballots counted so far.
The winner of the GOP primary is likely to win the November general election because Waukesha County is predominately Republican. So far, there is no democratic candidate scheduled on the ballot for the November general election however there are democratic write in votes being cast in today's partisan primary election.
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts