Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki appears to be cruising towards reelection based on very early election returns posted by the Waukesha County Clerks office.
Trawicki has captured 9,352 votes, 72 percent of the ballots counted within 50 minutes after the polls closed at 8 p.m. His closest competitor in the four candidate contest for the Republican nomination is former Town of Lisbon police Sgt.Tom Alioto who has 2,268 votes or about 17 per cent of the ballots counted so far.
The winner of the GOP primary is likely to win the November general election because Waukesha County is predominately Republican. So far, there is no democratic candidate scheduled on the ballot for the November general election however there are democratic write in votes being cast in today's partisan primary election.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts