Rich Zipperer of the City of Pewaukee, will be headed to Madison as he has handily defeated Sussex Village Trustee Tim Dietrich for the 33rd state Senate seat.
With 74 percent of the precincts reporting, Zipperer held a commanding lead of 14,757 votes, or 72 percent with Dietrich garnering 5,665 votes, or 28 percent.
Zipperer currently holds the 98th Assembly district seat. There is no Democratic challenger in the Nov. 2 election. Incumbent Ted Kanavas announced earlier this year he would not seek re-election.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts