Rich Zipperer of the City of Pewaukee, will be headed to Madison as he has handily defeated Sussex Village Trustee Tim Dietrich for the 33rd state Senate seat.
With 74 percent of the precincts reporting, Zipperer held a commanding lead of 14,757 votes, or 72 percent with Dietrich garnering 5,665 votes, or 28 percent.
Zipperer currently holds the 98th Assembly district seat. There is no Democratic challenger in the Nov. 2 election. Incumbent Ted Kanavas announced earlier this year he would not seek re-election.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts