Rich Zipperer of the City of Pewaukee, will be headed to Madison as he has handily defeated Sussex Village Trustee Tim Dietrich for the 33rd state Senate seat.
With 74 percent of the precincts reporting, Zipperer held a commanding lead of 14,757 votes, or 72 percent with Dietrich garnering 5,665 votes, or 28 percent.
Zipperer currently holds the 98th Assembly district seat. There is no Democratic challenger in the Nov. 2 election. Incumbent Ted Kanavas announced earlier this year he would not seek re-election.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts