Rich Zipperer of the City of Pewaukee, will be headed to Madison as he has handily defeated Sussex Village Trustee Tim Dietrich for the 33rd state Senate seat.
With 74 percent of the precincts reporting, Zipperer held a commanding lead of 14,757 votes, or 72 percent with Dietrich garnering 5,665 votes, or 28 percent.
Zipperer currently holds the 98th Assembly district seat. There is no Democratic challenger in the Nov. 2 election. Incumbent Ted Kanavas announced earlier this year he would not seek re-election.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts