Rich Zipperer of the City of Pewaukee, will be headed to Madison as he has handily defeated Sussex Village Trustee Tim Dietrich for the 33rd state Senate seat.
With 74 percent of the precincts reporting, Zipperer held a commanding lead of 14,757 votes, or 72 percent with Dietrich garnering 5,665 votes, or 28 percent.
Zipperer currently holds the 98th Assembly district seat. There is no Democratic challenger in the Nov. 2 election. Incumbent Ted Kanavas announced earlier this year he would not seek re-election.
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- Big Bend FD to hold pancake breakfast Sunday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts