In a poll taken yesterday by the Vernon Residents for Sensible Government, citizens in the Town of Vernon said almost two-to-one that they wanted a joint fire department.
The poll asked residents to answer yes or no to the following: I support the IMMEDIATE HALT of the DISSOLUTION of the joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department that was set in place by the Vernon Town Board in December of 2009 and propose that all available money, fire personnel, consultants and legal counsel work toward a CONTINUATION of a 54-year-old jointly governed joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department for fire and paramedic service for both communities.
1037 voted yes.
542 voted no.
8 said they were not sure.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts