In a poll taken yesterday by the Vernon Residents for Sensible Government, citizens in the Town of Vernon said almost two-to-one that they wanted a joint fire department.
The poll asked residents to answer yes or no to the following: I support the IMMEDIATE HALT of the DISSOLUTION of the joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department that was set in place by the Vernon Town Board in December of 2009 and propose that all available money, fire personnel, consultants and legal counsel work toward a CONTINUATION of a 54-year-old jointly governed joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department for fire and paramedic service for both communities.
1037 voted yes.
542 voted no.
8 said they were not sure.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts