In a poll taken yesterday by the Vernon Residents for Sensible Government, citizens in the Town of Vernon said almost two-to-one that they wanted a joint fire department.
The poll asked residents to answer yes or no to the following: I support the IMMEDIATE HALT of the DISSOLUTION of the joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department that was set in place by the Vernon Town Board in December of 2009 and propose that all available money, fire personnel, consultants and legal counsel work toward a CONTINUATION of a 54-year-old jointly governed joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department for fire and paramedic service for both communities.
1037 voted yes.
542 voted no.
8 said they were not sure.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts