In a poll taken yesterday by the Vernon Residents for Sensible Government, citizens in the Town of Vernon said almost two-to-one that they wanted a joint fire department.
The poll asked residents to answer yes or no to the following: I support the IMMEDIATE HALT of the DISSOLUTION of the joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department that was set in place by the Vernon Town Board in December of 2009 and propose that all available money, fire personnel, consultants and legal counsel work toward a CONTINUATION of a 54-year-old jointly governed joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department for fire and paramedic service for both communities.
1037 voted yes.
542 voted no.
8 said they were not sure.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts