In a poll taken yesterday by the Vernon Residents for Sensible Government, citizens in the Town of Vernon said almost two-to-one that they wanted a joint fire department.
The poll asked residents to answer yes or no to the following: I support the IMMEDIATE HALT of the DISSOLUTION of the joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department that was set in place by the Vernon Town Board in December of 2009 and propose that all available money, fire personnel, consultants and legal counsel work toward a CONTINUATION of a 54-year-old jointly governed joint Big Bend Vernon Fire Department for fire and paramedic service for both communities.
1037 voted yes.
542 voted no.
8 said they were not sure.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts