In a game characterized by nine turnovers, the Arrowhead football team held off Waukesha West on Friday in a Classic 8 Conference showdown, 10-7.
Ryan Saeger connected with Charlie Fischer for a touchdown in the second quarter, and Drew Meyer's 37-yard field goal just before halftime gave the Warhawks a 10-0 cushion at the break. Meyer also had two interceptions in the game -- one that set up the touchdown score and another to sinch the outcome on the final drive of the game near midfield.
West's Joe Schobert scored with just under 7 minutes to play, but West was unable to get any closer. Colton Sweitzer had an 80 yard run to the 1-yard line in the first half, but West's defense stopped the Warhawks cold on four straight plays.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts