In a game characterized by nine turnovers, the Arrowhead football team held off Waukesha West on Friday in a Classic 8 Conference showdown, 10-7.
Ryan Saeger connected with Charlie Fischer for a touchdown in the second quarter, and Drew Meyer's 37-yard field goal just before halftime gave the Warhawks a 10-0 cushion at the break. Meyer also had two interceptions in the game -- one that set up the touchdown score and another to sinch the outcome on the final drive of the game near midfield.
West's Joe Schobert scored with just under 7 minutes to play, but West was unable to get any closer. Colton Sweitzer had an 80 yard run to the 1-yard line in the first half, but West's defense stopped the Warhawks cold on four straight plays.
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts