In a game characterized by nine turnovers, the Arrowhead football team held off Waukesha West on Friday in a Classic 8 Conference showdown, 10-7.
Ryan Saeger connected with Charlie Fischer for a touchdown in the second quarter, and Drew Meyer's 37-yard field goal just before halftime gave the Warhawks a 10-0 cushion at the break. Meyer also had two interceptions in the game -- one that set up the touchdown score and another to sinch the outcome on the final drive of the game near midfield.
West's Joe Schobert scored with just under 7 minutes to play, but West was unable to get any closer. Colton Sweitzer had an 80 yard run to the 1-yard line in the first half, but West's defense stopped the Warhawks cold on four straight plays.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts