In a game characterized by nine turnovers, the Arrowhead football team held off Waukesha West on Friday in a Classic 8 Conference showdown, 10-7.
Ryan Saeger connected with Charlie Fischer for a touchdown in the second quarter, and Drew Meyer's 37-yard field goal just before halftime gave the Warhawks a 10-0 cushion at the break. Meyer also had two interceptions in the game -- one that set up the touchdown score and another to sinch the outcome on the final drive of the game near midfield.
West's Joe Schobert scored with just under 7 minutes to play, but West was unable to get any closer. Colton Sweitzer had an 80 yard run to the 1-yard line in the first half, but West's defense stopped the Warhawks cold on four straight plays.
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Police activity at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of repeatedly molesting his granddaughter (0)
- Chamber boat ride tomorrow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts