UPDATE: Authorities have released the name of the 17-year-old boy killed in a motorcycle accident last night in the Town of Lisbon. Police identified him as Benjamin Henning, an Arrowhead High School student from the Town of Lisbon.
A 17-year-old boy was killed in an accident last night when the motorcycle he was driving crashed into a car in the Town of Lisbon.
According to information from the Waukesha County Sheriff's Dept., the boy was northbound on Lake Five Road when he struck the side of a vehicle driven by a 62-year-old woman from Stevens Point. The woman was driving southbound, making a left turn onto Perennial Terrace.
Law enforcement was notified of the accident at 8:57 p.m.; the woman suffered minor injuries, but it is not known whether she was taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation. Speed may have been a factor on the part of the motorcyclist, authorities said. His name is not yet being released, pending notification of relatives.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts