Arrowhead's varsity football team turned in a brilliant first half Friday night and rolled over host Milwaukee Pius at Wisconsin Lutheran College in a Classic 8 Conference game, 45-14. Pius came into the game undefeated at 4-0.
AHS got three first-half touchdown runs from junior quarterback Ryan Saeger (21, 26 and 25 yards) and led at halftime, 24-0. The Warhawks led 38-0 going into the fourth quarter.
The win by the Warhawks moved them to 2-1 in league play and 4-1 overall. Catholic Memorial leads the league standings at 3-0 while Arrowhead, Pius and Waukesha West are all 2-1.
Saeger rushed for 127 yards in the first half on 11 carries. Arrowhead outgained the Popes in the first two quarters, 248 yards to 93.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games from Blake Mattson, Derek Landisch, Nick Fisher, Jordan Pendergast and Shane Hughes.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts