Arrowhead's varsity football team turned in a brilliant first half Friday night and rolled over host Milwaukee Pius at Wisconsin Lutheran College in a Classic 8 Conference game, 45-14. Pius came into the game undefeated at 4-0.
AHS got three first-half touchdown runs from junior quarterback Ryan Saeger (21, 26 and 25 yards) and led at halftime, 24-0. The Warhawks led 38-0 going into the fourth quarter.
The win by the Warhawks moved them to 2-1 in league play and 4-1 overall. Catholic Memorial leads the league standings at 3-0 while Arrowhead, Pius and Waukesha West are all 2-1.
Saeger rushed for 127 yards in the first half on 11 carries. Arrowhead outgained the Popes in the first two quarters, 248 yards to 93.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games from Blake Mattson, Derek Landisch, Nick Fisher, Jordan Pendergast and Shane Hughes.
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts