Arrowhead's varsity football team turned in a brilliant first half Friday night and rolled over host Milwaukee Pius at Wisconsin Lutheran College in a Classic 8 Conference game, 45-14. Pius came into the game undefeated at 4-0.
AHS got three first-half touchdown runs from junior quarterback Ryan Saeger (21, 26 and 25 yards) and led at halftime, 24-0. The Warhawks led 38-0 going into the fourth quarter.
The win by the Warhawks moved them to 2-1 in league play and 4-1 overall. Catholic Memorial leads the league standings at 3-0 while Arrowhead, Pius and Waukesha West are all 2-1.
Saeger rushed for 127 yards in the first half on 11 carries. Arrowhead outgained the Popes in the first two quarters, 248 yards to 93.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games from Blake Mattson, Derek Landisch, Nick Fisher, Jordan Pendergast and Shane Hughes.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts