Arrowhead's varsity football team turned in a brilliant first half Friday night and rolled over host Milwaukee Pius at Wisconsin Lutheran College in a Classic 8 Conference game, 45-14. Pius came into the game undefeated at 4-0.
AHS got three first-half touchdown runs from junior quarterback Ryan Saeger (21, 26 and 25 yards) and led at halftime, 24-0. The Warhawks led 38-0 going into the fourth quarter.
The win by the Warhawks moved them to 2-1 in league play and 4-1 overall. Catholic Memorial leads the league standings at 3-0 while Arrowhead, Pius and Waukesha West are all 2-1.
Saeger rushed for 127 yards in the first half on 11 carries. Arrowhead outgained the Popes in the first two quarters, 248 yards to 93.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games from Blake Mattson, Derek Landisch, Nick Fisher, Jordan Pendergast and Shane Hughes.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts