Arrowhead's varsity football team turned in a brilliant first half Friday night and rolled over host Milwaukee Pius at Wisconsin Lutheran College in a Classic 8 Conference game, 45-14. Pius came into the game undefeated at 4-0.
AHS got three first-half touchdown runs from junior quarterback Ryan Saeger (21, 26 and 25 yards) and led at halftime, 24-0. The Warhawks led 38-0 going into the fourth quarter.
The win by the Warhawks moved them to 2-1 in league play and 4-1 overall. Catholic Memorial leads the league standings at 3-0 while Arrowhead, Pius and Waukesha West are all 2-1.
Saeger rushed for 127 yards in the first half on 11 carries. Arrowhead outgained the Popes in the first two quarters, 248 yards to 93.
On defense, the Warhawks got big games from Blake Mattson, Derek Landisch, Nick Fisher, Jordan Pendergast and Shane Hughes.
- It's a beautiful day for a Farmer's Market (0)
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts