A disastrous finish to the first half ultimately provided the difference in a 47-34 loss to Brown Deer on Friday for Pewaukee's football team.
The Pirates (3-2, 2-2 in Woodland Conference) fell behind by a 20-14 score with 4 minutes to play in the second quarter. Starting a series with just 46 seconds to work with, Falcons quarterback Brett Youngbeck found Sean Andryauskus for a 69-yard touchdown strike that increased the lead to 26-14.
Pirates workhorse Derek Watt fumbled on the ensuing series, and Youngbeck and Andryauskus connected again on a 21-yard touchdown on the final play of the half to make the score a daunting 33-14.
The Pirates actually outgained Brown Deer in overall yardage, and Austin Kaatz piled up 209 yards to lead the Pewaukee attack. Derek Watt also compiled 111, but it was Brown Deer's Chris Smith (115 yards, four touchdowns) who took over for much of the game.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts