A disastrous finish to the first half ultimately provided the difference in a 47-34 loss to Brown Deer on Friday for Pewaukee's football team.
The Pirates (3-2, 2-2 in Woodland Conference) fell behind by a 20-14 score with 4 minutes to play in the second quarter. Starting a series with just 46 seconds to work with, Falcons quarterback Brett Youngbeck found Sean Andryauskus for a 69-yard touchdown strike that increased the lead to 26-14.
Pirates workhorse Derek Watt fumbled on the ensuing series, and Youngbeck and Andryauskus connected again on a 21-yard touchdown on the final play of the half to make the score a daunting 33-14.
The Pirates actually outgained Brown Deer in overall yardage, and Austin Kaatz piled up 209 yards to lead the Pewaukee attack. Derek Watt also compiled 111, but it was Brown Deer's Chris Smith (115 yards, four touchdowns) who took over for much of the game.
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts