A disastrous finish to the first half ultimately provided the difference in a 47-34 loss to Brown Deer on Friday for Pewaukee's football team.
The Pirates (3-2, 2-2 in Woodland Conference) fell behind by a 20-14 score with 4 minutes to play in the second quarter. Starting a series with just 46 seconds to work with, Falcons quarterback Brett Youngbeck found Sean Andryauskus for a 69-yard touchdown strike that increased the lead to 26-14.
Pirates workhorse Derek Watt fumbled on the ensuing series, and Youngbeck and Andryauskus connected again on a 21-yard touchdown on the final play of the half to make the score a daunting 33-14.
The Pirates actually outgained Brown Deer in overall yardage, and Austin Kaatz piled up 209 yards to lead the Pewaukee attack. Derek Watt also compiled 111, but it was Brown Deer's Chris Smith (115 yards, four touchdowns) who took over for much of the game.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts