A disastrous finish to the first half ultimately provided the difference in a 47-34 loss to Brown Deer on Friday for Pewaukee's football team.
The Pirates (3-2, 2-2 in Woodland Conference) fell behind by a 20-14 score with 4 minutes to play in the second quarter. Starting a series with just 46 seconds to work with, Falcons quarterback Brett Youngbeck found Sean Andryauskus for a 69-yard touchdown strike that increased the lead to 26-14.
Pirates workhorse Derek Watt fumbled on the ensuing series, and Youngbeck and Andryauskus connected again on a 21-yard touchdown on the final play of the half to make the score a daunting 33-14.
The Pirates actually outgained Brown Deer in overall yardage, and Austin Kaatz piled up 209 yards to lead the Pewaukee attack. Derek Watt also compiled 111, but it was Brown Deer's Chris Smith (115 yards, four touchdowns) who took over for much of the game.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts