Arrowhead's varsity boys cross country team won the championship Saturday at the prestigious Midwest Invitational at Blackhawk Golf Course in Janesville. The Warhawks, competing in the field of 32 teams and 250 runners, won with 102 points. La Crosse Logan was second with 107 tallies.
Russ Sandvold and Kyle Lewin were a strong one-two punch for Arrowhead by finishing sixth and seventh. Sandvold was timed at 15:51 and Lewin was clocked at 15:55.
Others figuring in the scoring were Ben Bierman in 23rd at 16:22, Nick Linnan 29th at 16:33 and Jake Dubnicka 37th at 16:38. Rounding out the lineup were Yutaka Ogiso in 42nd at 16:40 and Ryan Adamski 95th at 17:17.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts