Arrowhead's varsity boys cross country team won the championship Saturday at the prestigious Midwest Invitational at Blackhawk Golf Course in Janesville. The Warhawks, competing in the field of 32 teams and 250 runners, won with 102 points. La Crosse Logan was second with 107 tallies.
Russ Sandvold and Kyle Lewin were a strong one-two punch for Arrowhead by finishing sixth and seventh. Sandvold was timed at 15:51 and Lewin was clocked at 15:55.
Others figuring in the scoring were Ben Bierman in 23rd at 16:22, Nick Linnan 29th at 16:33 and Jake Dubnicka 37th at 16:38. Rounding out the lineup were Yutaka Ogiso in 42nd at 16:40 and Ryan Adamski 95th at 17:17.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts