Arrowhead's varsity boys cross country team won the championship Saturday at the prestigious Midwest Invitational at Blackhawk Golf Course in Janesville. The Warhawks, competing in the field of 32 teams and 250 runners, won with 102 points. La Crosse Logan was second with 107 tallies.
Russ Sandvold and Kyle Lewin were a strong one-two punch for Arrowhead by finishing sixth and seventh. Sandvold was timed at 15:51 and Lewin was clocked at 15:55.
Others figuring in the scoring were Ben Bierman in 23rd at 16:22, Nick Linnan 29th at 16:33 and Jake Dubnicka 37th at 16:38. Rounding out the lineup were Yutaka Ogiso in 42nd at 16:40 and Ryan Adamski 95th at 17:17.
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts