A Walk the Lake Charity Event will raise money for Jackie Fritz Branscombe and her family.
Jackie, who lives in Eagle, is a single mom. Five years ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy and underwent treatment with chemotherapy. She recently learned the cancer returned in her liver. She underwent extensive surgery Aug. 20 and the next step is two complete rounds of chemotherapy.
With the donations from the Walk the Lake Charity Event, Jackie can support her family while she is out of work as well as pay medical expenses.
The walk around Lake Geneva will begin at 7:30 a.m. at 336 Lake Street, Fontana, WI. It's a 26-mile walk and is expected to take 7 to 8 hours. For those who do not want to participate in the entire walk, a boat pick-up is available.
Sack lunches and water bottle refills will be available in Lake Geneva, at the 13 mile marker. Please bring a good pair of walking shoes and a water bottle.
A silent auction and reception at Gordy's Boat House Restaurant will follow.
For more information on making a donation directly or to get a fundraising template for sponsorship, email email@example.com or check out the Facebook page (Walk the Lake for Jackie Fritz Branscombe.)
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts