A Walk the Lake Charity Event will raise money for Jackie Fritz Branscombe and her family.
Jackie, who lives in Eagle, is a single mom. Five years ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy and underwent treatment with chemotherapy. She recently learned the cancer returned in her liver. She underwent extensive surgery Aug. 20 and the next step is two complete rounds of chemotherapy.
With the donations from the Walk the Lake Charity Event, Jackie can support her family while she is out of work as well as pay medical expenses.
The walk around Lake Geneva will begin at 7:30 a.m. at 336 Lake Street, Fontana, WI. It's a 26-mile walk and is expected to take 7 to 8 hours. For those who do not want to participate in the entire walk, a boat pick-up is available.
Sack lunches and water bottle refills will be available in Lake Geneva, at the 13 mile marker. Please bring a good pair of walking shoes and a water bottle.
A silent auction and reception at Gordy's Boat House Restaurant will follow.
For more information on making a donation directly or to get a fundraising template for sponsorship, email firstname.lastname@example.org or check out the Facebook page (Walk the Lake for Jackie Fritz Branscombe.)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts