A Walk the Lake Charity Event will raise money for Jackie Fritz Branscombe and her family.
Jackie, who lives in Eagle, is a single mom. Five years ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy and underwent treatment with chemotherapy. She recently learned the cancer returned in her liver. She underwent extensive surgery Aug. 20 and the next step is two complete rounds of chemotherapy.
With the donations from the Walk the Lake Charity Event, Jackie can support her family while she is out of work as well as pay medical expenses.
The walk around Lake Geneva will begin at 7:30 a.m. at 336 Lake Street, Fontana, WI. It's a 26-mile walk and is expected to take 7 to 8 hours. For those who do not want to participate in the entire walk, a boat pick-up is available.
Sack lunches and water bottle refills will be available in Lake Geneva, at the 13 mile marker. Please bring a good pair of walking shoes and a water bottle.
A silent auction and reception at Gordy's Boat House Restaurant will follow.
For more information on making a donation directly or to get a fundraising template for sponsorship, email email@example.com or check out the Facebook page (Walk the Lake for Jackie Fritz Branscombe.)
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts