Milwaukee Marquette did not record a first down in the first half but still never trailed, and Sussex Hamilton's football team has still never beaten the Hilltoppers after a 21-12 loss Friday in Sussex.
Marquette made good on a pair of special teams plays. A muffed punt on the Hamilton 2-yard line set up a touchdown after the Hilltoppers went 3-and-out on the game's opening drive, and Hunter Mahler returned a kickoff the distance to give Marquette a 14-6 lead.
Aaron Clinton-Earl ran for two touchdowns, but a missed extra point and then failed two-point conversion prevented the Chargers from ever pulling even. Marquette quarterback John Kopriva rattled off a 66-yard touchdown run in the second half to essentially seal the outcome.
The Chargers fell to 2-2 in league play and 4-2 overall.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts