Milwaukee Marquette did not record a first down in the first half but still never trailed, and Sussex Hamilton's football team has still never beaten the Hilltoppers after a 21-12 loss Friday in Sussex.
Marquette made good on a pair of special teams plays. A muffed punt on the Hamilton 2-yard line set up a touchdown after the Hilltoppers went 3-and-out on the game's opening drive, and Hunter Mahler returned a kickoff the distance to give Marquette a 14-6 lead.
Aaron Clinton-Earl ran for two touchdowns, but a missed extra point and then failed two-point conversion prevented the Chargers from ever pulling even. Marquette quarterback John Kopriva rattled off a 66-yard touchdown run in the second half to essentially seal the outcome.
The Chargers fell to 2-2 in league play and 4-2 overall.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts