Milwaukee Marquette did not record a first down in the first half but still never trailed, and Sussex Hamilton's football team has still never beaten the Hilltoppers after a 21-12 loss Friday in Sussex.
Marquette made good on a pair of special teams plays. A muffed punt on the Hamilton 2-yard line set up a touchdown after the Hilltoppers went 3-and-out on the game's opening drive, and Hunter Mahler returned a kickoff the distance to give Marquette a 14-6 lead.
Aaron Clinton-Earl ran for two touchdowns, but a missed extra point and then failed two-point conversion prevented the Chargers from ever pulling even. Marquette quarterback John Kopriva rattled off a 66-yard touchdown run in the second half to essentially seal the outcome.
The Chargers fell to 2-2 in league play and 4-2 overall.
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- Tee time (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts