Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams turned in big performances last Saturday at two different events.
The Arrowhead girls, ranked second in the state, won the Eagle Invitational at UW-Parkside with a score of 53 points. Brookfield Central was second with 89 tallies.
Leading the way for the Warhawks was freshman Jackie Dubnicka in third place with a clocking of 14:23. Freshmen runners grabbed the top three spots.
After Dubnicka for AHS came Danielle Dvorak in ninth place, Natalie Burant 10th, Teagan Seneczko 13th and Tayler McCormack 18th.
The Arrowhead boys ran in the Adidas Invite at University Ridge Golf Course in Madison and finished second. The top four-ranked teams in the state took part. Second-ranked Madison West won the title with 65 points, edging out No. 3 ranked Arrowhead, who had 67.
The Warhawks were led by the one-two punch of Russell Sandvold and Kyle Lewin. They ran second and third with times of 15:48 and 15:52.
- Bank owned structures called dangerous (0)
- Delafield may dump "up the drive" waste collection (0)
- Delafield invites Obama (0)
- ACT scores up for area schools (0)
- Hensler's granddaughter dies in tragic beach accident (0)
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007