Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams turned in big performances last Saturday at two different events.
The Arrowhead girls, ranked second in the state, won the Eagle Invitational at UW-Parkside with a score of 53 points. Brookfield Central was second with 89 tallies.
Leading the way for the Warhawks was freshman Jackie Dubnicka in third place with a clocking of 14:23. Freshmen runners grabbed the top three spots.
After Dubnicka for AHS came Danielle Dvorak in ninth place, Natalie Burant 10th, Teagan Seneczko 13th and Tayler McCormack 18th.
The Arrowhead boys ran in the Adidas Invite at University Ridge Golf Course in Madison and finished second. The top four-ranked teams in the state took part. Second-ranked Madison West won the title with 65 points, edging out No. 3 ranked Arrowhead, who had 67.
The Warhawks were led by the one-two punch of Russell Sandvold and Kyle Lewin. They ran second and third with times of 15:48 and 15:52.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts