Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams turned in big performances last Saturday at two different events.
The Arrowhead girls, ranked second in the state, won the Eagle Invitational at UW-Parkside with a score of 53 points. Brookfield Central was second with 89 tallies.
Leading the way for the Warhawks was freshman Jackie Dubnicka in third place with a clocking of 14:23. Freshmen runners grabbed the top three spots.
After Dubnicka for AHS came Danielle Dvorak in ninth place, Natalie Burant 10th, Teagan Seneczko 13th and Tayler McCormack 18th.
The Arrowhead boys ran in the Adidas Invite at University Ridge Golf Course in Madison and finished second. The top four-ranked teams in the state took part. Second-ranked Madison West won the title with 65 points, edging out No. 3 ranked Arrowhead, who had 67.
The Warhawks were led by the one-two punch of Russell Sandvold and Kyle Lewin. They ran second and third with times of 15:48 and 15:52.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts