Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams turned in big performances last Saturday at two different events.
The Arrowhead girls, ranked second in the state, won the Eagle Invitational at UW-Parkside with a score of 53 points. Brookfield Central was second with 89 tallies.
Leading the way for the Warhawks was freshman Jackie Dubnicka in third place with a clocking of 14:23. Freshmen runners grabbed the top three spots.
After Dubnicka for AHS came Danielle Dvorak in ninth place, Natalie Burant 10th, Teagan Seneczko 13th and Tayler McCormack 18th.
The Arrowhead boys ran in the Adidas Invite at University Ridge Golf Course in Madison and finished second. The top four-ranked teams in the state took part. Second-ranked Madison West won the title with 65 points, edging out No. 3 ranked Arrowhead, who had 67.
The Warhawks were led by the one-two punch of Russell Sandvold and Kyle Lewin. They ran second and third with times of 15:48 and 15:52.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts