Last night, the Big Bend Village Board approved an ordinance establishing its own fire department.
The Joint Big Bend-Vernon Fire Department is slated to disband at the end of this year, and the two communities have been working to come up with workable plans for providing services to their residents. Vernon recently extended a proposal for Big Bend to contract with the town for fire protection and EMS.
Village President James Soneberg said the Village Board was not satisfied with the Town of Vernon's response to questions over that contract.
Trustees had hoped for a contract longer than one year and thought the town's responses were too "vague," he added.
Board members also felt they were too far along with their own department. At this point, they have hired a chief, staff, and purchased the necessary equipment.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts