Last night, the Big Bend Village Board approved an ordinance establishing its own fire department.
The Joint Big Bend-Vernon Fire Department is slated to disband at the end of this year, and the two communities have been working to come up with workable plans for providing services to their residents. Vernon recently extended a proposal for Big Bend to contract with the town for fire protection and EMS.
Village President James Soneberg said the Village Board was not satisfied with the Town of Vernon's response to questions over that contract.
Trustees had hoped for a contract longer than one year and thought the town's responses were too "vague," he added.
Board members also felt they were too far along with their own department. At this point, they have hired a chief, staff, and purchased the necessary equipment.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts