Last night, the Big Bend Village Board approved an ordinance establishing its own fire department.
The Joint Big Bend-Vernon Fire Department is slated to disband at the end of this year, and the two communities have been working to come up with workable plans for providing services to their residents. Vernon recently extended a proposal for Big Bend to contract with the town for fire protection and EMS.
Village President James Soneberg said the Village Board was not satisfied with the Town of Vernon's response to questions over that contract.
Trustees had hoped for a contract longer than one year and thought the town's responses were too "vague," he added.
Board members also felt they were too far along with their own department. At this point, they have hired a chief, staff, and purchased the necessary equipment.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- Delafield Gun Club permit rejected (0)
- Enjoy a holiday classic with Mukwonago Village Players (0)
- Fatal accident on I-43 South in Town of Vernon (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007