Last night, the Big Bend Village Board approved an ordinance establishing its own fire department.
The Joint Big Bend-Vernon Fire Department is slated to disband at the end of this year, and the two communities have been working to come up with workable plans for providing services to their residents. Vernon recently extended a proposal for Big Bend to contract with the town for fire protection and EMS.
Village President James Soneberg said the Village Board was not satisfied with the Town of Vernon's response to questions over that contract.
Trustees had hoped for a contract longer than one year and thought the town's responses were too "vague," he added.
Board members also felt they were too far along with their own department. At this point, they have hired a chief, staff, and purchased the necessary equipment.
For more on this story, see next week's Mukwonago Chief.
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts