Pewaukee's varsity football team, led by a four-touchdown, 182 yard rushing performance by senior Derek Watt, rolled over visiting Cudahy Friday night in its annual homecoming game, 48-24.
The win qualifies the Pirates for a WIAA playoff berth and moved them to 5-2 overall and 4-2 in Woodland Conference play.
Pewaukee scored the first 15 points of the game and never trailed.
PHS rushed for 403 yards in the game as Austin Kaatz had 119 yards and Ben Bellows added 98.
On defense, Jordy Edgerson had his best game of the season with six solo tackles. Others turning in big games on that side of the ball were Richard Crane, Watt, Gill Saya-Ang, Ben Steker and David Girmscheid.
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts