Pewaukee's varsity football team, led by a four-touchdown, 182 yard rushing performance by senior Derek Watt, rolled over visiting Cudahy Friday night in its annual homecoming game, 48-24.
The win qualifies the Pirates for a WIAA playoff berth and moved them to 5-2 overall and 4-2 in Woodland Conference play.
Pewaukee scored the first 15 points of the game and never trailed.
PHS rushed for 403 yards in the game as Austin Kaatz had 119 yards and Ben Bellows added 98.
On defense, Jordy Edgerson had his best game of the season with six solo tackles. Others turning in big games on that side of the ball were Richard Crane, Watt, Gill Saya-Ang, Ben Steker and David Girmscheid.
- It's a beautiful day for a Farmer's Market (0)
- Stay informed, recycle more in Waukesha County (0)
- Islamic Society speaker presents at Mukwonago church tonight (0)
- Anti-Walmart protesters pack Oconomowoc City Council meeting (0)
- Kettle Moraine moves to 12-0 (0)
- Dousman teen charged with hit-and-run after underage drinking party (0)
- Early meeting, full agenda for Village of Mukwonago (0)
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (3)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts