Pewaukee's varsity football team, led by a four-touchdown, 182 yard rushing performance by senior Derek Watt, rolled over visiting Cudahy Friday night in its annual homecoming game, 48-24.
The win qualifies the Pirates for a WIAA playoff berth and moved them to 5-2 overall and 4-2 in Woodland Conference play.
Pewaukee scored the first 15 points of the game and never trailed.
PHS rushed for 403 yards in the game as Austin Kaatz had 119 yards and Ben Bellows added 98.
On defense, Jordy Edgerson had his best game of the season with six solo tackles. Others turning in big games on that side of the ball were Richard Crane, Watt, Gill Saya-Ang, Ben Steker and David Girmscheid.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts