Pewaukee's varsity football team, led by a four-touchdown, 182 yard rushing performance by senior Derek Watt, rolled over visiting Cudahy Friday night in its annual homecoming game, 48-24.
The win qualifies the Pirates for a WIAA playoff berth and moved them to 5-2 overall and 4-2 in Woodland Conference play.
Pewaukee scored the first 15 points of the game and never trailed.
PHS rushed for 403 yards in the game as Austin Kaatz had 119 yards and Ben Bellows added 98.
On defense, Jordy Edgerson had his best game of the season with six solo tackles. Others turning in big games on that side of the ball were Richard Crane, Watt, Gill Saya-Ang, Ben Steker and David Girmscheid.
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts