The first meeting of the Socrates café will be held at Espresso Love, in Mukwonago, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.
The Socrates Café is a lively open philosophical discussion of significant “big questions”, questions that affect the meaning and quality of our lives. Examples of questions might be “What makes a good friendship?” or “What is courage?” or “Should we be good for goodness sake, or should there be some reward?” Just like the ancient philosopher, Socrates, no final answers are expected from discussions, but by using the Socratic method in which the meaning of words and the underlying assumptions are examined, participants may understand the questions and their complexity better.
Everyone is welcome to join the group to listen or participate in the discussion. Questions will be choosen from among those brought by participants.
The Socrates Café will continue to meet on the second Thursday of every month.
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Magic is in the air at SummerStage (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- Town of Mukwonago police pushing for more protection in elementary schools (0)
- Merton edges Hartland in LOL West (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts