The first meeting of the Socrates café will be held at Espresso Love, in Mukwonago, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.
The Socrates Café is a lively open philosophical discussion of significant “big questions”, questions that affect the meaning and quality of our lives. Examples of questions might be “What makes a good friendship?” or “What is courage?” or “Should we be good for goodness sake, or should there be some reward?” Just like the ancient philosopher, Socrates, no final answers are expected from discussions, but by using the Socratic method in which the meaning of words and the underlying assumptions are examined, participants may understand the questions and their complexity better.
Everyone is welcome to join the group to listen or participate in the discussion. Questions will be choosen from among those brought by participants.
The Socrates Café will continue to meet on the second Thursday of every month.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts