The first meeting of the Socrates café will be held at Espresso Love, in Mukwonago, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.
The Socrates Café is a lively open philosophical discussion of significant “big questions”, questions that affect the meaning and quality of our lives. Examples of questions might be “What makes a good friendship?” or “What is courage?” or “Should we be good for goodness sake, or should there be some reward?” Just like the ancient philosopher, Socrates, no final answers are expected from discussions, but by using the Socratic method in which the meaning of words and the underlying assumptions are examined, participants may understand the questions and their complexity better.
Everyone is welcome to join the group to listen or participate in the discussion. Questions will be choosen from among those brought by participants.
The Socrates Café will continue to meet on the second Thursday of every month.
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (0)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- Military man charged with Lannon house break-in (0)
- Former Olympian to discuss college field hockey at University Lake School (0)
- Big Bend man accused of child sex assault, claims he was sleepwalking (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts