The first meeting of the Socrates café will be held at Espresso Love, in Mukwonago, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.
The Socrates Café is a lively open philosophical discussion of significant “big questions”, questions that affect the meaning and quality of our lives. Examples of questions might be “What makes a good friendship?” or “What is courage?” or “Should we be good for goodness sake, or should there be some reward?” Just like the ancient philosopher, Socrates, no final answers are expected from discussions, but by using the Socratic method in which the meaning of words and the underlying assumptions are examined, participants may understand the questions and their complexity better.
Everyone is welcome to join the group to listen or participate in the discussion. Questions will be choosen from among those brought by participants.
The Socrates Café will continue to meet on the second Thursday of every month.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts