The first meeting of the Socrates café will be held at Espresso Love, in Mukwonago, at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14.
The Socrates Café is a lively open philosophical discussion of significant “big questions”, questions that affect the meaning and quality of our lives. Examples of questions might be “What makes a good friendship?” or “What is courage?” or “Should we be good for goodness sake, or should there be some reward?” Just like the ancient philosopher, Socrates, no final answers are expected from discussions, but by using the Socratic method in which the meaning of words and the underlying assumptions are examined, participants may understand the questions and their complexity better.
Everyone is welcome to join the group to listen or participate in the discussion. Questions will be choosen from among those brought by participants.
The Socrates Café will continue to meet on the second Thursday of every month.
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts