Arrowhead's varsity girls golf team finished fifth in the team scoring and Kettle Moraine sophomore Leighann Cabush tied for eighth place Monday and Tuesday at the WIAA Division 1 state tournament at University Ridge in Madison.
The Warhawks, playing at state for a school-record eighth straight year, had 680 strokes. Waunakee won the team title with 662 strokes. Kettle Moraine placed eighth in the field of 12 teams with a 714 score.
Cabush tied for eighth place in the field of 78 golfers by shooting a 36-hole score of 156 (75-81).
Arrowhead was led by Peyton Gunnison in 24th place at 163 (83-80). Lauren Lauterbach was next at 164 (80-84).
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts