Arrowhead's varsity girls golf team finished fifth in the team scoring and Kettle Moraine sophomore Leighann Cabush tied for eighth place Monday and Tuesday at the WIAA Division 1 state tournament at University Ridge in Madison.
The Warhawks, playing at state for a school-record eighth straight year, had 680 strokes. Waunakee won the team title with 662 strokes. Kettle Moraine placed eighth in the field of 12 teams with a 714 score.
Cabush tied for eighth place in the field of 78 golfers by shooting a 36-hole score of 156 (75-81).
Arrowhead was led by Peyton Gunnison in 24th place at 163 (83-80). Lauren Lauterbach was next at 164 (80-84).
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts