Waukesha – The Lisbon man who was shot while attempting to flee police Oct. 11 had allegedly smoked crack cocaine prior to officers arriving at his residence and is now the subject of a drug investigation, according to court documents.
An affidavit attached to a search warrant filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court Oct. 13 reveal new details of what occurred prior to Jeremy L. Spence being shot by a Milwaukee police officer.
According to the affidavit, Milwaukee officers went to Spence’s residence on Riverview Drive the evening of Oct. 10 to serve a felony arrest warrant and an officer saw Spence in the kitchen.
Officers went to the front door, which was answered by Spence’s mother, Barbara, who claimed she was home alone, the affidavit said.
Eventually, officers entered the residence around midnight and found Spence in a vehicle in the garage, revving the motor “and he eventually crashed the vehicle through the closed garage door, at which time an officer fired several rounds in an effort to stop the car,” the affidavit said.
Spence told police he had been smoking crack cocaine inside a vehicle at the residence and in the basement on Oct. 10.
The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department obtained the warrant to search the residence the morning of Oct. 11 and investigators seized two phones, a plastic bag with white residue, drug paraphernalia, two bullets and miscellaneous papers, according to the warrant.
The Sheriff’s Department was also at the residence Oct. 9 in an attempt to arrest Spence on the same felony warrant but no one would answer the door, the affidavit said. However, officers could tell someone was in the house and there was a car in the driveway that was warm to the touch, the document said.
The felony warrant was regarding a charge filed in Milwaukee County for fleeing/eluding an officer, according to court records.
- Hensler Field dedication highlights Mukwonago football game (0)
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007