Waukesha – The Lisbon man who was shot while attempting to flee police Oct. 11 had allegedly smoked crack cocaine prior to officers arriving at his residence and is now the subject of a drug investigation, according to court documents.
An affidavit attached to a search warrant filed in Waukesha County Circuit Court Oct. 13 reveal new details of what occurred prior to Jeremy L. Spence being shot by a Milwaukee police officer.
According to the affidavit, Milwaukee officers went to Spence’s residence on Riverview Drive the evening of Oct. 10 to serve a felony arrest warrant and an officer saw Spence in the kitchen.
Officers went to the front door, which was answered by Spence’s mother, Barbara, who claimed she was home alone, the affidavit said.
Eventually, officers entered the residence around midnight and found Spence in a vehicle in the garage, revving the motor “and he eventually crashed the vehicle through the closed garage door, at which time an officer fired several rounds in an effort to stop the car,” the affidavit said.
Spence told police he had been smoking crack cocaine inside a vehicle at the residence and in the basement on Oct. 10.
The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department obtained the warrant to search the residence the morning of Oct. 11 and investigators seized two phones, a plastic bag with white residue, drug paraphernalia, two bullets and miscellaneous papers, according to the warrant.
The Sheriff’s Department was also at the residence Oct. 9 in an attempt to arrest Spence on the same felony warrant but no one would answer the door, the affidavit said. However, officers could tell someone was in the house and there was a car in the driveway that was warm to the touch, the document said.
The felony warrant was regarding a charge filed in Milwaukee County for fleeing/eluding an officer, according to court records.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts