The Oconomowoc football team fell to mighty Wisconsin Lutheran on the road Friday, 35-5, in a loss that ended Cooney's playoff aspirations.
Oconomowoc (3-5, 2-4 in Wisconsin Little Ten) blocked two punts -- including one that led to a safety -- but the Raccoons never could punch the ball into the end zone against an active Wisco pass rush. Evan Hussinger had a field goal in the first quarter to give Cooney a brief 3-0 lead.
With next Wednesday's finale against West Bend East all that remains, the Raccoons will fall short of the requisite four conference wins for playoff qualification.
For Twitter updates of all the games in the area and beyond, visit the Journal-Sentinel's feed.
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts