The Oconomowoc football team fell to mighty Wisconsin Lutheran on the road Friday, 35-5, in a loss that ended Cooney's playoff aspirations.
Oconomowoc (3-5, 2-4 in Wisconsin Little Ten) blocked two punts -- including one that led to a safety -- but the Raccoons never could punch the ball into the end zone against an active Wisco pass rush. Evan Hussinger had a field goal in the first quarter to give Cooney a brief 3-0 lead.
With next Wednesday's finale against West Bend East all that remains, the Raccoons will fall short of the requisite four conference wins for playoff qualification.
For Twitter updates of all the games in the area and beyond, visit the Journal-Sentinel's feed.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts