The Oconomowoc football team fell to mighty Wisconsin Lutheran on the road Friday, 35-5, in a loss that ended Cooney's playoff aspirations.
Oconomowoc (3-5, 2-4 in Wisconsin Little Ten) blocked two punts -- including one that led to a safety -- but the Raccoons never could punch the ball into the end zone against an active Wisco pass rush. Evan Hussinger had a field goal in the first quarter to give Cooney a brief 3-0 lead.
With next Wednesday's finale against West Bend East all that remains, the Raccoons will fall short of the requisite four conference wins for playoff qualification.
For Twitter updates of all the games in the area and beyond, visit the Journal-Sentinel's feed.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts