The Oconomowoc football team fell to mighty Wisconsin Lutheran on the road Friday, 35-5, in a loss that ended Cooney's playoff aspirations.
Oconomowoc (3-5, 2-4 in Wisconsin Little Ten) blocked two punts -- including one that led to a safety -- but the Raccoons never could punch the ball into the end zone against an active Wisco pass rush. Evan Hussinger had a field goal in the first quarter to give Cooney a brief 3-0 lead.
With next Wednesday's finale against West Bend East all that remains, the Raccoons will fall short of the requisite four conference wins for playoff qualification.
For Twitter updates of all the games in the area and beyond, visit the Journal-Sentinel's feed.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts