The Oconomowoc football team fell to mighty Wisconsin Lutheran on the road Friday, 35-5, in a loss that ended Cooney's playoff aspirations.
Oconomowoc (3-5, 2-4 in Wisconsin Little Ten) blocked two punts -- including one that led to a safety -- but the Raccoons never could punch the ball into the end zone against an active Wisco pass rush. Evan Hussinger had a field goal in the first quarter to give Cooney a brief 3-0 lead.
With next Wednesday's finale against West Bend East all that remains, the Raccoons will fall short of the requisite four conference wins for playoff qualification.
For Twitter updates of all the games in the area and beyond, visit the Journal-Sentinel's feed.
- Best Dam Bike Ride this weekend (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts