Oconomowoc's varsity girls cross country team, ranked No. 8 in the state, captured the 2010 Wisconsin Little Ten Conference championship Saturday morning at West Bend, winning with 48 points. West Bend West was second with 83 tallies.
The title was the second in the last three years for OHS and third since 1981.
Junior Mandy Prom of Oconomowoc won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:59. She was followed by Abby Reier in second at 15:17, Olivia Radtke eighth at 15:42, Molly Pearcy 14th at 16:07 and Maddie Houston 23rd at 16:31. Others in the lineup were Hannah Heidvogel in 30th at 16:56, Katie Jaeger 35th at 17:07 and Carly Hall 36th at 17:08.
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts