Oconomowoc's varsity girls cross country team, ranked No. 8 in the state, captured the 2010 Wisconsin Little Ten Conference championship Saturday morning at West Bend, winning with 48 points. West Bend West was second with 83 tallies.
The title was the second in the last three years for OHS and third since 1981.
Junior Mandy Prom of Oconomowoc won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:59. She was followed by Abby Reier in second at 15:17, Olivia Radtke eighth at 15:42, Molly Pearcy 14th at 16:07 and Maddie Houston 23rd at 16:31. Others in the lineup were Hannah Heidvogel in 30th at 16:56, Katie Jaeger 35th at 17:07 and Carly Hall 36th at 17:08.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts