Arrowhead's two state-ranked varsity cross country teams ran to championships Saturday at the 2010 Classic 8 Conference meet at Naga-Waukee Park in Delafield.
The AHS boys team won with 22 points, well ahead of second place Waukesha West who had 85 tallies. Arrowhead junior Russell Sandvold won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 16:05.
Other Arrowhead runners were Kyle Lewin in third at 16:12, Will Conley fourth at 16:31, Ben Bierman fifth at 16:39 and Nick Linnan ninth at 16:58. Rounding out the AHS roster in the field of 58 runners were Jake Dubnicka in 12th, Yutaka Osigo 13th and David Kelly 17th.
The girls won with 34 points. Waukesha West was second with 51 tallies.
Jenna McMiller of Waukesha North won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:39.
Arrowhead was led by freshman Jackie Dubnicka in third at 14:55. She was followed by Taylor McDowell in sixth at 15:42, Natalie Burant seventh at 15:43, Danielle Dvorak eighth at 15:49 and Lea Patek 10th at 16:10. Rounding out the AHS roster were Kayla Hucke in 11th, Teagan Seneczko 12th and Amanda Bauer in 21st. A total of 60 runners took part.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts