Fifteen local organizations that work to improve the quality of life in the Oconomowoc community were awarded grants from the Oconomowoc Area Foundation at its annual event last night.
More than $190,000 was awarded in keeping with the Foundation's mission to support five areas: caring for children, developing youth, helping those in need, preserving our environment and enriching the community economically and culturally.
Recipients of this year's grants are: Lake Area Free Clinic, Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc, Oconomowoc Area Senior Center, Oconomowoc Arts Center, Oconomowoc High School, Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation, Oconomowoc Scholarship Fund, Oconomowoc Soccer Association, Park Lawn Elementary School, St. jerome's, Wisconsin Philharmonic, Wildlife in Need, Friends of Imagination Station, and YMCA at Pabst Farms.
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts