Fifteen local organizations that work to improve the quality of life in the Oconomowoc community were awarded grants from the Oconomowoc Area Foundation at its annual event last night.
More than $190,000 was awarded in keeping with the Foundation's mission to support five areas: caring for children, developing youth, helping those in need, preserving our environment and enriching the community economically and culturally.
Recipients of this year's grants are: Lake Area Free Clinic, Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc, Oconomowoc Area Senior Center, Oconomowoc Arts Center, Oconomowoc High School, Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation, Oconomowoc Scholarship Fund, Oconomowoc Soccer Association, Park Lawn Elementary School, St. jerome's, Wisconsin Philharmonic, Wildlife in Need, Friends of Imagination Station, and YMCA at Pabst Farms.
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts