Fifteen local organizations that work to improve the quality of life in the Oconomowoc community were awarded grants from the Oconomowoc Area Foundation at its annual event last night.
More than $190,000 was awarded in keeping with the Foundation's mission to support five areas: caring for children, developing youth, helping those in need, preserving our environment and enriching the community economically and culturally.
Recipients of this year's grants are: Lake Area Free Clinic, Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc, Oconomowoc Area Senior Center, Oconomowoc Arts Center, Oconomowoc High School, Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation, Oconomowoc Scholarship Fund, Oconomowoc Soccer Association, Park Lawn Elementary School, St. jerome's, Wisconsin Philharmonic, Wildlife in Need, Friends of Imagination Station, and YMCA at Pabst Farms.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts