Fifteen local organizations that work to improve the quality of life in the Oconomowoc community were awarded grants from the Oconomowoc Area Foundation at its annual event last night.
More than $190,000 was awarded in keeping with the Foundation's mission to support five areas: caring for children, developing youth, helping those in need, preserving our environment and enriching the community economically and culturally.
Recipients of this year's grants are: Lake Area Free Clinic, Lutheran Homes of Oconomowoc, Oconomowoc Area Senior Center, Oconomowoc Arts Center, Oconomowoc High School, Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation, Oconomowoc Scholarship Fund, Oconomowoc Soccer Association, Park Lawn Elementary School, St. jerome's, Wisconsin Philharmonic, Wildlife in Need, Friends of Imagination Station, and YMCA at Pabst Farms.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts