A 22-year-old Slinger man is in critical condition after an early morning head-on collision on Hwy 83 near Roosevelt Rd. in the Town of Erin.
A 16-year-old Hartford girl, Emily Bennett, was travelling southbound on Hwy 83 when her SUV crossed over the center line and struck Jake Trimberger, who was travelling northbound in a four-door sedan. Both vehicles were found overturned in the eastern ditch next to the highway.
According to a press release from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, Trimberger had to be extricated from his vehicle after suffering leg, head, face and internal injuries. Flight for Life transported him to Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, where he is listed in critical condition.
The accident occurred at approximately 6:47 am, and the Washington County Sheriff’s Department closed Hwy 83 until 11:48 am after dispatching its Crash Investigation Unit to reconstruct and investigate the accident. The Sheriff’s Department said both operators were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash. They could not determine why Bennett’s vehicle crossed the center line, but authorities said that cell phone use, alcohol or drugs do not appear to be factors. The crash remains under investigation.
The 16-year-old girl was transported to Hartford Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts