A 22-year-old Slinger man is in critical condition after an early morning head-on collision on Hwy 83 near Roosevelt Rd. in the Town of Erin.
A 16-year-old Hartford girl, Emily Bennett, was travelling southbound on Hwy 83 when her SUV crossed over the center line and struck Jake Trimberger, who was travelling northbound in a four-door sedan. Both vehicles were found overturned in the eastern ditch next to the highway.
According to a press release from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, Trimberger had to be extricated from his vehicle after suffering leg, head, face and internal injuries. Flight for Life transported him to Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, where he is listed in critical condition.
The accident occurred at approximately 6:47 am, and the Washington County Sheriff’s Department closed Hwy 83 until 11:48 am after dispatching its Crash Investigation Unit to reconstruct and investigate the accident. The Sheriff’s Department said both operators were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash. They could not determine why Bennett’s vehicle crossed the center line, but authorities said that cell phone use, alcohol or drugs do not appear to be factors. The crash remains under investigation.
The 16-year-old girl was transported to Hartford Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- Delafield debt sold at 1.3% interest (0)
- Prairie View holds Cookies for Kids’ Cancer bake sale (0)
- OHS girls softball team wins league title (0)
- Blue Sox only undefeated LOL West team (0)
- Hirschfeld commits to Wisconsin (0)
- Mukwonago holds hazardous waste collection this Saturday (0)
- Siergiej resigns at Arrowhead (0)
- Donate at North Prairie blood drive (0)
- High winds, rain hit Lake Country (0)
- Law office will renovate building in downtown Mukwonago (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts