A 22-year-old Slinger man is in critical condition after an early morning head-on collision on Hwy 83 near Roosevelt Rd. in the Town of Erin.
A 16-year-old Hartford girl, Emily Bennett, was travelling southbound on Hwy 83 when her SUV crossed over the center line and struck Jake Trimberger, who was travelling northbound in a four-door sedan. Both vehicles were found overturned in the eastern ditch next to the highway.
According to a press release from the Washington County Sheriff’s Department, Trimberger had to be extricated from his vehicle after suffering leg, head, face and internal injuries. Flight for Life transported him to Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, where he is listed in critical condition.
The accident occurred at approximately 6:47 am, and the Washington County Sheriff’s Department closed Hwy 83 until 11:48 am after dispatching its Crash Investigation Unit to reconstruct and investigate the accident. The Sheriff’s Department said both operators were wearing their seatbelts at the time of the crash. They could not determine why Bennett’s vehicle crossed the center line, but authorities said that cell phone use, alcohol or drugs do not appear to be factors. The crash remains under investigation.
The 16-year-old girl was transported to Hartford Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts