Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys won the Homestead sectional title with a school-record 21 points. Russell Sandvold of the Warhawks won the race with a 5,000-meter time of 16:03. Kyle Lewin was second at 16:08 and Will Conley third at 16:15. Others running for Arrowhead were Ben Bierman in seventh, Jake Dubnicka eighth, Nick Linnan 12th and Yutaka Ogiso 22nd.
The girls team won the sectional title with 35 points. They finished 61 points ahead of Homestead. AHS freshman Jackie Dubnicka won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:26. She was followed by Taylor McDowell in sixth, Natalie Burant eighth, Danielle Dvorak ninth, Teagen Seneczko 11th, Kayla Hucke 16th and Andie Zeman 17th.
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts