Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys won the Homestead sectional title with a school-record 21 points. Russell Sandvold of the Warhawks won the race with a 5,000-meter time of 16:03. Kyle Lewin was second at 16:08 and Will Conley third at 16:15. Others running for Arrowhead were Ben Bierman in seventh, Jake Dubnicka eighth, Nick Linnan 12th and Yutaka Ogiso 22nd.
The girls team won the sectional title with 35 points. They finished 61 points ahead of Homestead. AHS freshman Jackie Dubnicka won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:26. She was followed by Taylor McDowell in sixth, Natalie Burant eighth, Danielle Dvorak ninth, Teagen Seneczko 11th, Kayla Hucke 16th and Andie Zeman 17th.
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts