Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys won the Homestead sectional title with a school-record 21 points. Russell Sandvold of the Warhawks won the race with a 5,000-meter time of 16:03. Kyle Lewin was second at 16:08 and Will Conley third at 16:15. Others running for Arrowhead were Ben Bierman in seventh, Jake Dubnicka eighth, Nick Linnan 12th and Yutaka Ogiso 22nd.
The girls team won the sectional title with 35 points. They finished 61 points ahead of Homestead. AHS freshman Jackie Dubnicka won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:26. She was followed by Taylor McDowell in sixth, Natalie Burant eighth, Danielle Dvorak ninth, Teagen Seneczko 11th, Kayla Hucke 16th and Andie Zeman 17th.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts