Arrowhead's two varsity cross country teams qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys won the Homestead sectional title with a school-record 21 points. Russell Sandvold of the Warhawks won the race with a 5,000-meter time of 16:03. Kyle Lewin was second at 16:08 and Will Conley third at 16:15. Others running for Arrowhead were Ben Bierman in seventh, Jake Dubnicka eighth, Nick Linnan 12th and Yutaka Ogiso 22nd.
The girls team won the sectional title with 35 points. They finished 61 points ahead of Homestead. AHS freshman Jackie Dubnicka won the 4,000-meter race with a time of 14:26. She was followed by Taylor McDowell in sixth, Natalie Burant eighth, Danielle Dvorak ninth, Teagen Seneczko 11th, Kayla Hucke 16th and Andie Zeman 17th.
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts