Pewaukee's two varsity cross country teams won WIAA Division 2 sectional championships Saturday morning on their home course and qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys team won with 36 points and Wisconsin Lutheran also advanced by finishing second.
Josh Martin of the Pirates won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 16:42. Other Pewaukee runners were Chris Czech in third, Dan Richard ninth, Jimmy Taylor 11th, Scotty Wolter 12th, Adam Geipel 13th and Corban Schultz 14th.
The girls team won with 33 points. Wisconsin Lutheran was second with 56 tallies.
Riley Kirchoff led the Pirates in third place with a 4,000-meter time of 16:01. Others in the PHS lineup were Lily Leist in fifth, Megan Murray seventh, Maggie Schauer eighth, Lian Arzbecker 10th, Ali Bacon 12th and Kaitlyn Wood 15th.
- Mukwonago observes Memorial Day (0)
- Put some Spring in your step this weekend (0)
- KM softball team upsets No. 1 seed (0)
- Citizens seek to block Milwaukee Street project (0)
- Mukwonago selects new Village Administrator (0)
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts