Pewaukee's two varsity cross country teams won WIAA Division 2 sectional championships Saturday morning on their home course and qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys team won with 36 points and Wisconsin Lutheran also advanced by finishing second.
Josh Martin of the Pirates won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 16:42. Other Pewaukee runners were Chris Czech in third, Dan Richard ninth, Jimmy Taylor 11th, Scotty Wolter 12th, Adam Geipel 13th and Corban Schultz 14th.
The girls team won with 33 points. Wisconsin Lutheran was second with 56 tallies.
Riley Kirchoff led the Pirates in third place with a 4,000-meter time of 16:01. Others in the PHS lineup were Lily Leist in fifth, Megan Murray seventh, Maggie Schauer eighth, Lian Arzbecker 10th, Ali Bacon 12th and Kaitlyn Wood 15th.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts