Pewaukee's two varsity cross country teams won WIAA Division 2 sectional championships Saturday morning on their home course and qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys team won with 36 points and Wisconsin Lutheran also advanced by finishing second.
Josh Martin of the Pirates won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 16:42. Other Pewaukee runners were Chris Czech in third, Dan Richard ninth, Jimmy Taylor 11th, Scotty Wolter 12th, Adam Geipel 13th and Corban Schultz 14th.
The girls team won with 33 points. Wisconsin Lutheran was second with 56 tallies.
Riley Kirchoff led the Pirates in third place with a 4,000-meter time of 16:01. Others in the PHS lineup were Lily Leist in fifth, Megan Murray seventh, Maggie Schauer eighth, Lian Arzbecker 10th, Ali Bacon 12th and Kaitlyn Wood 15th.
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- Taste of Lake Country back for 11th year (0)
- Dodge County Sheriff Dept. nabs two on suspicion of felony drunken driving (0)
- Lisbon asks court to control Sussex library spending (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts