Pewaukee's two varsity cross country teams won WIAA Division 2 sectional championships Saturday morning on their home course and qualified for this Saturday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids.
The boys team won with 36 points and Wisconsin Lutheran also advanced by finishing second.
Josh Martin of the Pirates won the 5,000-meter race with a time of 16:42. Other Pewaukee runners were Chris Czech in third, Dan Richard ninth, Jimmy Taylor 11th, Scotty Wolter 12th, Adam Geipel 13th and Corban Schultz 14th.
The girls team won with 33 points. Wisconsin Lutheran was second with 56 tallies.
Riley Kirchoff led the Pirates in third place with a 4,000-meter time of 16:01. Others in the PHS lineup were Lily Leist in fifth, Megan Murray seventh, Maggie Schauer eighth, Lian Arzbecker 10th, Ali Bacon 12th and Kaitlyn Wood 15th.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts