The Seidel sisters of University Lake School in Hartland both qualified for this Satuday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids by finishing first and second at the Division 3 sectional at UW-Parkside on Saturday.
Junior Molly Seidel, the two-year defending Division 3 state champion, won the sectional title with a 4,000-meter time of 13:42, the fastest time in the state. Her sister, Isabel, just a freshman, took second with a time of 15:34.
The top five finishers from nonqualifying teams earn state tournament berths.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts