The Seidel sisters of University Lake School in Hartland both qualified for this Satuday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids by finishing first and second at the Division 3 sectional at UW-Parkside on Saturday.
Junior Molly Seidel, the two-year defending Division 3 state champion, won the sectional title with a 4,000-meter time of 13:42, the fastest time in the state. Her sister, Isabel, just a freshman, took second with a time of 15:34.
The top five finishers from nonqualifying teams earn state tournament berths.
- Waterford man struck, killed on Highway 83 (0)
- Palmyra-Eagle district to hold State of the District meetings (0)
- Family Reading Summit planned at OPL (0)
- Hometown harmonicist brings swing to OAC (0)
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts