The Seidel sisters of University Lake School in Hartland both qualified for this Satuday's WIAA state meet in Wisconsin Rapids by finishing first and second at the Division 3 sectional at UW-Parkside on Saturday.
Junior Molly Seidel, the two-year defending Division 3 state champion, won the sectional title with a 4,000-meter time of 13:42, the fastest time in the state. Her sister, Isabel, just a freshman, took second with a time of 15:34.
The top five finishers from nonqualifying teams earn state tournament berths.
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts