City of Pewaukee – The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department has released the name of the man who died in a crash Friday on Highway 16 near Capitol Drive.
Eric Pierce of 192 Park Ave., was pronounced dead at the scene. Pierce’s 8-month old son, Joseph, was transported by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital. According to the Sheriff’s Department, the child suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Pierce was driving a Jeep east on Highway 16 at about 3:22 p.m. when it left the road and rolled several times before stopping in the grassy median. The vehicle landed on its roof and Pierce and his child had to be extricated, according to Sheriff’s Department officials.
A dog was in the vehicle and taken to a emergency veterinarian clinic where family members decided to have the dog put down, according to a spokeswoman for the Waukesha County Humane Animal Welfare Society.
Pierce was married and had another child who is 4 years old, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
The department continues to investigate how the accident occurred.
- Sheriff's Department releases sketch of Town of Eagle suspect (0)
- Park snowmobiles until trails are ready (0)
- Waukesha County Sheriff's lieutenant under investigation (0)
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007