City of Pewaukee – The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department has released the name of the man who died in a crash Friday on Highway 16 near Capitol Drive.
Eric Pierce of 192 Park Ave., was pronounced dead at the scene. Pierce’s 8-month old son, Joseph, was transported by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital. According to the Sheriff’s Department, the child suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Pierce was driving a Jeep east on Highway 16 at about 3:22 p.m. when it left the road and rolled several times before stopping in the grassy median. The vehicle landed on its roof and Pierce and his child had to be extricated, according to Sheriff’s Department officials.
A dog was in the vehicle and taken to a emergency veterinarian clinic where family members decided to have the dog put down, according to a spokeswoman for the Waukesha County Humane Animal Welfare Society.
Pierce was married and had another child who is 4 years old, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
The department continues to investigate how the accident occurred.
- Lake Country fire talks continue (0)
- AHS, KM golfers move to sectionals (0)
- Prairie View holds benefit bake sale tonight (0)
- Brick sale supports Veteran Park improvements (0)
- Mukwonago children will have new park this summer (0)
- KM girls win softball opener (0)
- Board approves relocatable units (0)
- Weiss, Hawks win softball opener (0)
- Big Bend businesses battle construction (0)
- Farmer's Market vouchers for Seniors (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts