City of Pewaukee – The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department has released the name of the man who died in a crash Friday on Highway 16 near Capitol Drive.
Eric Pierce of 192 Park Ave., was pronounced dead at the scene. Pierce’s 8-month old son, Joseph, was transported by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital. According to the Sheriff’s Department, the child suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Pierce was driving a Jeep east on Highway 16 at about 3:22 p.m. when it left the road and rolled several times before stopping in the grassy median. The vehicle landed on its roof and Pierce and his child had to be extricated, according to Sheriff’s Department officials.
A dog was in the vehicle and taken to a emergency veterinarian clinic where family members decided to have the dog put down, according to a spokeswoman for the Waukesha County Humane Animal Welfare Society.
Pierce was married and had another child who is 4 years old, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
The department continues to investigate how the accident occurred.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts