City of Pewaukee – The Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department has released the name of the man who died in a crash Friday on Highway 16 near Capitol Drive.
Eric Pierce of 192 Park Ave., was pronounced dead at the scene. Pierce’s 8-month old son, Joseph, was transported by Flight for Life to Children’s Hospital. According to the Sheriff’s Department, the child suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Pierce was driving a Jeep east on Highway 16 at about 3:22 p.m. when it left the road and rolled several times before stopping in the grassy median. The vehicle landed on its roof and Pierce and his child had to be extricated, according to Sheriff’s Department officials.
A dog was in the vehicle and taken to a emergency veterinarian clinic where family members decided to have the dog put down, according to a spokeswoman for the Waukesha County Humane Animal Welfare Society.
Pierce was married and had another child who is 4 years old, according to the Sheriff’s Department.
The department continues to investigate how the accident occurred.
- Schimel denies Butler cop's allegations (0)
- Another teenager charged in connection to weapons found at high school (0)
- Area schools thrive in recent DPI report card (0)
- Presentation of Salem Witch Trials on Oct. 22 (0)
- Car thefts spark sheriff's warning to protect property near Norris Adolescent Center (0)
- Hawkfest tomorrow (0)
- Children's book release party at OPL (0)
- Drug drop off Sept. 27 (0)
- Mukwonago students skype with Shark Tank cast (0)
- Lisbon seeks temporary clerk (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- All 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007