How many fun things can you do with a pumpkin?
Most people carve their pumpkins, but one town has found lots of ways to rally ‘round one of the season’s most beloved symbols.
From 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 30, downtown Eagle will celebrate the great pumpkin with its third annual Eagle Pumpkin Party.
Bring your carved or decorated pumpkin to the Village Square from 1 to 3:30 p.m. to register in the best-looking pumpkin contest.
Kids will be able to paint pumpkins at the Fire Department while the whole family enjoys a pancake breakfast. Everyone is encouraged to bring canned food items for the food pantry.
Stop by Suhmers Saloon and guess the weight of the Great Pumpkin and then watch the Great Pumpkin Drop at 3:30 p.m. in the parking lot.
Other highlights of the day include storytime, crafts and fall photo show at 1 p.m. at the Mukwonago Community Library, games and goodies at Village Hall, Lioness Haunted House at Legion Hall plus food, games and face-painting at the Methodist Church. Tasty Z's/Eagle BP will be handing out free ice cream samples while a clown entertains the kids.
Enjoy the Palmyra-Eagle Community Band from 1 to 2 p.m. at the Fire Station and a Classic Rock Solo by Chris Boyden from 2 to 2:45 p.m. DJ music will rock the square from 3 to 4 p.m.
Everyone will be gather around the Gazebo at 3:45 p.m. to hear the winners of all the contests. Afterwards, kids will be able to go trick-or-treating downtown
So don’t miss fall’s last hurrah and last chance to celebrate all things pumpkin.
- New school planned for 2015-16 school year (0)
- Flying fun, festivals and more this weekend (0)
- AngelsGrace Hospice's 10th anniversary celebration (0)
- Closures expected on Highway 83 this weekend (0)
- Dock diving competition for dogs on Sunday, Aug. 24 (0)
- Storytime returns to OPL next month (0)
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts