Pewaukee's varsity boys cross country team, hoping to place in the top three, finished in sixth place at the WIAA Division 2 state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids Saturday morning.
Shorewood won the team title with 146 points. Others in the top six were Dodgeville/Mineral Point at 154, Port Washington 155, Ashland 156, Monroe 169 and Pewaukee 172.
The race winner was sophomore Michael Evans of Valders with a 5,000-meter time of 16:07. He won by 10 seconds.
PHS was led by senior Josh Martin in ninth place in the field of 148 runners.
After Martin for the Pirates came Chris Czech in 56th at 17:37, Jimmy Taylor 62nd at 17:39, Scotty Wolter 70th at 17:41, Corban Schultz 86th at 17:47, Adam Geipel 94th at 17:53 and Dan Richard 97th at 18:03.
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts