Pewaukee's varsity boys cross country team, hoping to place in the top three, finished in sixth place at the WIAA Division 2 state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids Saturday morning.
Shorewood won the team title with 146 points. Others in the top six were Dodgeville/Mineral Point at 154, Port Washington 155, Ashland 156, Monroe 169 and Pewaukee 172.
The race winner was sophomore Michael Evans of Valders with a 5,000-meter time of 16:07. He won by 10 seconds.
PHS was led by senior Josh Martin in ninth place in the field of 148 runners.
After Martin for the Pirates came Chris Czech in 56th at 17:37, Jimmy Taylor 62nd at 17:39, Scotty Wolter 70th at 17:41, Corban Schultz 86th at 17:47, Adam Geipel 94th at 17:53 and Dan Richard 97th at 18:03.
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- Hartland village board to discuss 2015-2020 capitol improvements plan tonight (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts