Pewaukee's varsity boys cross country team, hoping to place in the top three, finished in sixth place at the WIAA Division 2 state meet at The Ridges golf course in Wisconsin Rapids Saturday morning.
Shorewood won the team title with 146 points. Others in the top six were Dodgeville/Mineral Point at 154, Port Washington 155, Ashland 156, Monroe 169 and Pewaukee 172.
The race winner was sophomore Michael Evans of Valders with a 5,000-meter time of 16:07. He won by 10 seconds.
PHS was led by senior Josh Martin in ninth place in the field of 148 runners.
After Martin for the Pirates came Chris Czech in 56th at 17:37, Jimmy Taylor 62nd at 17:39, Scotty Wolter 70th at 17:41, Corban Schultz 86th at 17:47, Adam Geipel 94th at 17:53 and Dan Richard 97th at 18:03.
- Chocolate Factory to open tomorrow after Wednesday fire (0)
- Alternate routes recommended with Dousman road work (0)
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts