Six fire departments and about 35 firefighters responded to a fire at a Village of Big Bend home on Clark Avenue near Rose Avenue around noon on Monday.
According to Big Bend-Vernon Fire Chief Brian Peterson, the owner of the home was welding under a car in the garage when the ground caught fire. The owner extinguished the fire and went into the house for lunch. While eating lunch, the owner smelled smoke as the smoke alarms went off in the house. Upon opening the door to the garage, the owner found the garage fully engulfed.
The owner evacuated the house. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
The fire is under investigation and no cause or damage estimate is available at this time.
- Trash pick-up adjusted in Wales for Labor Day (0)
- Special bird call donated to Lake Country chimney swift advocate (0)
- Electrical fire shuts down Seester's, Chocolate Factory in Pewaukee (0)
- Oconomowoc road construction update (0)
- Rock thrown through Mukwonago Food Pantry window overnight (0)
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Updated: Attempted robbery at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts