Six fire departments and about 35 firefighters responded to a fire at a Village of Big Bend home on Clark Avenue near Rose Avenue around noon on Monday.
According to Big Bend-Vernon Fire Chief Brian Peterson, the owner of the home was welding under a car in the garage when the ground caught fire. The owner extinguished the fire and went into the house for lunch. While eating lunch, the owner smelled smoke as the smoke alarms went off in the house. Upon opening the door to the garage, the owner found the garage fully engulfed.
The owner evacuated the house. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
The fire is under investigation and no cause or damage estimate is available at this time.
- Last stand for Indian mascot in Mukwonago (0)
- Waukesha man arrested in Chicago “high drug area,” charged with Vernon home burglary (0)
- Todarello commits to Arkansas (0)
- Merton Avenue ramp closed (0)
- KM basbeall team is 10-0 (0)
- Lots of rain in the LC (0)
- Tight race in LOL West (0)
- Military man charged with Lannon house break-in (0)
- Former Olympian to discuss college field hockey at University Lake School (0)
- Big Bend man accused of child sex assault, claims he was sleepwalking (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts