Six fire departments and about 35 firefighters responded to a fire at a Village of Big Bend home on Clark Avenue near Rose Avenue around noon on Monday.
According to Big Bend-Vernon Fire Chief Brian Peterson, the owner of the home was welding under a car in the garage when the ground caught fire. The owner extinguished the fire and went into the house for lunch. While eating lunch, the owner smelled smoke as the smoke alarms went off in the house. Upon opening the door to the garage, the owner found the garage fully engulfed.
The owner evacuated the house. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
The fire is under investigation and no cause or damage estimate is available at this time.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts