Six fire departments and about 35 firefighters responded to a fire at a Village of Big Bend home on Clark Avenue near Rose Avenue around noon on Monday.
According to Big Bend-Vernon Fire Chief Brian Peterson, the owner of the home was welding under a car in the garage when the ground caught fire. The owner extinguished the fire and went into the house for lunch. While eating lunch, the owner smelled smoke as the smoke alarms went off in the house. Upon opening the door to the garage, the owner found the garage fully engulfed.
The owner evacuated the house. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
The fire is under investigation and no cause or damage estimate is available at this time.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day Saturday (0)
- Sunset Drive accident kills 2 (0)
- Sunset Drive closed in Genesee (0)
- Judge approves sale of local American TV store (0)
- Waukesha County prepares for national drug disposal day (0)
- Woman charged with stealing handgun from Oconomowoc house (0)
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts