Six fire departments and about 35 firefighters responded to a fire at a Village of Big Bend home on Clark Avenue near Rose Avenue around noon on Monday.
According to Big Bend-Vernon Fire Chief Brian Peterson, the owner of the home was welding under a car in the garage when the ground caught fire. The owner extinguished the fire and went into the house for lunch. While eating lunch, the owner smelled smoke as the smoke alarms went off in the house. Upon opening the door to the garage, the owner found the garage fully engulfed.
The owner evacuated the house. One firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
The fire is under investigation and no cause or damage estimate is available at this time.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts