Town of Delafield – The results of the referendum vote on borrowing $4 million for a new firehouse were inverted when initially released, meaning the measure was defeated by nine votes rather than passing by nine votes.
By a vote of 2,128 to 2,119 residents defeated the referendum. The new station would have replaced the near 50-year-old building on Maple Avenue. It was proposed to be located on Golf Road near the Town Hall.
Fire Chief Dean Richards said this morning the results were “heartbreaking” and members of the department were “extremely disappointed.”
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Coffee with a Cop in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- AHS softball teams whips KM (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts