Town of Delafield – The results of the referendum vote on borrowing $4 million for a new firehouse were inverted when initially released, meaning the measure was defeated by nine votes rather than passing by nine votes.
By a vote of 2,128 to 2,119 residents defeated the referendum. The new station would have replaced the near 50-year-old building on Maple Avenue. It was proposed to be located on Golf Road near the Town Hall.
Fire Chief Dean Richards said this morning the results were “heartbreaking” and members of the department were “extremely disappointed.”
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts