Town of Delafield – The results of the referendum vote on borrowing $4 million for a new firehouse were inverted when initially released, meaning the measure was defeated by nine votes rather than passing by nine votes.
By a vote of 2,128 to 2,119 residents defeated the referendum. The new station would have replaced the near 50-year-old building on Maple Avenue. It was proposed to be located on Golf Road near the Town Hall.
Fire Chief Dean Richards said this morning the results were “heartbreaking” and members of the department were “extremely disappointed.”
- OHS grad passes away (0)
- Taste of Lake Country this weekend (0)
- Gateway apartment development begins construction in Oconomowoc (0)
- Oconomowoc man accused of fifth OWI (0)
- Local talent in full bloom this summer (0)
- Business park proposed in Lisbon (0)
- Lisbon approves one convenience center, delays another (0)
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts