Believe it or not, it’s really not too early to start thinking about holiday shopping. And while the department stores have been twinkling with lights and ornaments and gift ideas, even before Halloween, there are lots of other shopping options to consider.
One of the most pleasant ways to find that something special for that special someone is to visit one of the many craft fairs, bazaars and boutiques taking place at area churches, schools and club houses. The beauty of purchasing items at these events is that the proceeds usually go toward some charitable cause.
One such event is this Sunday’s Shopping Bazaar at Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Parish on Highway 83 in North Lake. The bazaar is from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the parish center. Among the possible presents are gourmet foods, jewelry, stone tiles, Tupperware, candles, handbags and more
But the best part is your purchase will help fund the 2011 Blessed Teresa Workcamp Mission Trip. These missions send hard-working people into communities around the country to provide needed repairs to the homes of the elderly, disabled or simply those who can’t afford them. Truly a worthy cause.
So this holiday season, why not start your shopping right in your neighborhood and help carry out the true meaning of Christmas
- Court order issued against library board (0)
- Police activity at Miller Pharmacy in Mukwonago (0)
- Give a pint, get a pint at Mukwonago community blood drive (0)
- Cushing will receive MOH (0)
- Fourth charter school set to open in Kettle Moraine School District (0)
- Last free concert for the season Aug. 29 (0)
- Hartland Village Board approves preliminary plat for Sanctuary subdivision (0)
- Former Mukwonago star athlete Dominic Cizauskas sentenced to 12 months in jail for third-degree sexual assault (0)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of repeatedly molesting his granddaughter (0)
- Chamber boat ride tomorrow (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts