Believe it or not, it’s really not too early to start thinking about holiday shopping. And while the department stores have been twinkling with lights and ornaments and gift ideas, even before Halloween, there are lots of other shopping options to consider.
One of the most pleasant ways to find that something special for that special someone is to visit one of the many craft fairs, bazaars and boutiques taking place at area churches, schools and club houses. The beauty of purchasing items at these events is that the proceeds usually go toward some charitable cause.
One such event is this Sunday’s Shopping Bazaar at Blessed Teresa of Calcutta Parish on Highway 83 in North Lake. The bazaar is from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the parish center. Among the possible presents are gourmet foods, jewelry, stone tiles, Tupperware, candles, handbags and more
But the best part is your purchase will help fund the 2011 Blessed Teresa Workcamp Mission Trip. These missions send hard-working people into communities around the country to provide needed repairs to the homes of the elderly, disabled or simply those who can’t afford them. Truly a worthy cause.
So this holiday season, why not start your shopping right in your neighborhood and help carry out the true meaning of Christmas
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts