The Elegant Farmer at Highways ES and J in Mukwonago hosts its annual Giving Thanks Days, Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 13 and 14, to benefit local food pantries. The Elegant Farmer invites all to come in to purchase their Thanksgiving pies early and they will donate $3 for each eight-inch or larger pie purchased. Area food pantries that will benefit from this fundraiser are The Mukwonago Community Kitchen Cupboard and Food Pantry, Kettle Moraine Food Pantry, Food Pantry of Waukesha County, East Troy Food Pantry, The Waukesha Salvation Army and Eagle Community Food Pantry.
To entice your support of Giving Thanks Days, the Elegant Farmer offers its signature Apple Pie Baked in a Paper Bag and other pies including pumpkin, caramel apple, cranberry walnut and more. To make your Thanksgiving meal complete, they also offer fresh, local turkey, fresh cranberries baked breads, blue ribbon cheeses and many other specialty items.
The Elegant Farmer is open year round 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information call (262) 363-6770 or visit www.elegantfarmer.com.
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts