Thanks to a stellar effort by its defense, the Waukesha West varsity footbll team rolled into the WIAA Division 1 state championship game Saturday afternoon by stopping powerful Kenosha Bradford in a semifinal game at Arrowhead, 30-15.
By winning, the Wolverines improved to 12-1 on the season and will play Stevens Point next Friday at 4 p.m. at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison for the coveted state champiionship.
West held Bradford to its season-low number of points. Prior to Saturday, the fewest points the Red Devils (11-2) had scored was 28 last Saturday in a Level 3 playoff game.
Nick Tehan scored on an 87-yard fumble recovery to start the game for West and midway through the second period Matt Losiniecki of the Wolverines recovered a fumble that led to a 4-yard touchdown pass from Brandon Berghoefer to tight end Dylan Chmura.
West broke the game open in the fourth quarter when junior running back Joe Schobert scored on a 95-yard touchdown run with 8:12 remaining in the game. That score made it 30-15.
Bradford was held without a second half touchdown for the first time this season .
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts