Thanks to a stellar effort by its defense, the Waukesha West varsity footbll team rolled into the WIAA Division 1 state championship game Saturday afternoon by stopping powerful Kenosha Bradford in a semifinal game at Arrowhead, 30-15.
By winning, the Wolverines improved to 12-1 on the season and will play Stevens Point next Friday at 4 p.m. at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison for the coveted state champiionship.
West held Bradford to its season-low number of points. Prior to Saturday, the fewest points the Red Devils (11-2) had scored was 28 last Saturday in a Level 3 playoff game.
Nick Tehan scored on an 87-yard fumble recovery to start the game for West and midway through the second period Matt Losiniecki of the Wolverines recovered a fumble that led to a 4-yard touchdown pass from Brandon Berghoefer to tight end Dylan Chmura.
West broke the game open in the fourth quarter when junior running back Joe Schobert scored on a 95-yard touchdown run with 8:12 remaining in the game. That score made it 30-15.
Bradford was held without a second half touchdown for the first time this season .
- AHS girls BB team moves to 3-0 (0)
- Kettle Moraine alumni basketball returns (0)
- Attwell announces for Delafield Mayor (0)
- Highway 83 accident witnesses sought (0)
- Food pantry items collected at holiday lights display in Mukwonago (0)
- DOT informational meeting held at Mukwonago Library (0)
- Donors needed for Waukesha blood drive (0)
- Sweet treats on sale at Mukwonago Food Pantry cookie fundraiser (0)
- Festival of Trees on display at Garden Mart (0)
- Kids' holiday gift workshop (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- All 2011
- All 2010
- All 2009
- All 2008
- All 2007