Arrowhead's varsity girls swim team, ranked No. 1 in the state all season, lived up to that lofty billing Saturday afternoon by winning the WIAA Division 1 state championship.
The title was third in a row for the Warhawks and eighth in the last nine years.
AHS won Saturday with 260 points. Waukesha South/Mukwonago was second with 204.5 points.
The Warhawks won two events, both relay races. The team of Kate Jones, Mary Warren, Miranda Helbig and Holly Johnson won the 200 medley relay (1:44.70) and the 200 freestyle relay team of Haley Pietila, Warren, Katie Duranso and Johnson won with a time of 1:34.86.
Pietila had the best individual finish as she placed second in the 200 individual medley (2:04.31).
- KM girls BB team stops Homestead (0)
- Pewaukee girls roll past North (0)
- LCL boys fall in sectional (0)
- Pewaukee boys win, move to sectional final (0)
- Judge issues clarification in Rural Home Cemetery order (0)
- I-94 East blocked at Hy. 83 (0)
- Man charged with fleeing two-car crash in Men. Falls (0)
- Men. Falls woman charged with fifth drunken driving offense (0)
- MASD and Mukwonago SAVE present on bullying (0)
- Many paths to success available to Mukwonago students (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts