Arrowhead's varsity girls swim team, ranked No. 1 in the state all season, lived up to that lofty billing Saturday afternoon by winning the WIAA Division 1 state championship.
The title was third in a row for the Warhawks and eighth in the last nine years.
AHS won Saturday with 260 points. Waukesha South/Mukwonago was second with 204.5 points.
The Warhawks won two events, both relay races. The team of Kate Jones, Mary Warren, Miranda Helbig and Holly Johnson won the 200 medley relay (1:44.70) and the 200 freestyle relay team of Haley Pietila, Warren, Katie Duranso and Johnson won with a time of 1:34.86.
Pietila had the best individual finish as she placed second in the 200 individual medley (2:04.31).
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts