Arrowhead's varsity girls swim team, ranked No. 1 in the state all season, lived up to that lofty billing Saturday afternoon by winning the WIAA Division 1 state championship.
The title was third in a row for the Warhawks and eighth in the last nine years.
AHS won Saturday with 260 points. Waukesha South/Mukwonago was second with 204.5 points.
The Warhawks won two events, both relay races. The team of Kate Jones, Mary Warren, Miranda Helbig and Holly Johnson won the 200 medley relay (1:44.70) and the 200 freestyle relay team of Haley Pietila, Warren, Katie Duranso and Johnson won with a time of 1:34.86.
Pietila had the best individual finish as she placed second in the 200 individual medley (2:04.31).
- Zoning for Delafield development approved (0)
- Highway 67 drivers, take note (0)
- MHS grads raise awareness for homeless vets (0)
- Waukesha County prescription drug collection set for April 26 (0)
- Nass set to run for re-election in 33rd assembly district (0)
- Delafield Mayor office hours (0)
- Find steady work at Manpower job fair (0)
- Join the Garden Adoption Program (0)
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts