Arrowhead's varsity girls swim team, ranked No. 1 in the state all season, lived up to that lofty billing Saturday afternoon by winning the WIAA Division 1 state championship.
The title was third in a row for the Warhawks and eighth in the last nine years.
AHS won Saturday with 260 points. Waukesha South/Mukwonago was second with 204.5 points.
The Warhawks won two events, both relay races. The team of Kate Jones, Mary Warren, Miranda Helbig and Holly Johnson won the 200 medley relay (1:44.70) and the 200 freestyle relay team of Haley Pietila, Warren, Katie Duranso and Johnson won with a time of 1:34.86.
Pietila had the best individual finish as she placed second in the 200 individual medley (2:04.31).
- Oconomowoc woman accused of stealing, cashing her brother's checks (0)
- Audition for Mukwonago Village Players fall production (0)
- New Village Square issues in Delafield (0)
- Bell Tower meeting postponed (0)
- Wienermobile visits Hartland this week (0)
- New Mukwonago elementary principal announced (0)
- Hartland village board talks quiet zones (0)
- Waste contract debate in Merton town (0)
- Police investigate emergency at corner of Wisconsin Ave. and Brown Street gas station (0)
- Mukwonago Food Pantry celebrates 25 years (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts