Arrowhead's varsity girls swim team, ranked No. 1 in the state all season, lived up to that lofty billing Saturday afternoon by winning the WIAA Division 1 state championship.
The title was third in a row for the Warhawks and eighth in the last nine years.
AHS won Saturday with 260 points. Waukesha South/Mukwonago was second with 204.5 points.
The Warhawks won two events, both relay races. The team of Kate Jones, Mary Warren, Miranda Helbig and Holly Johnson won the 200 medley relay (1:44.70) and the 200 freestyle relay team of Haley Pietila, Warren, Katie Duranso and Johnson won with a time of 1:34.86.
Pietila had the best individual finish as she placed second in the 200 individual medley (2:04.31).
- Friends of Vernon Marsh hold educational small prairie burn today (0)
- Easter activities for the whole family (0)
- Feds indict Pewaukee "kingpin" for drug trafficking, homicide (0)
- Big Bend/Vernon Lions host egg hunt (0)
- Summit School principal resigns (0)
- Rock Freeway work will last through fall (0)
- Cold front freezes interstate traffic (0)
- Jazz night coming to Mukwonago High School (0)
- Good Friday hike planned (0)
- Lots of rain, snow in Lake Country (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts