A South Milwaukee man died after collapsing while running in the St. Jerome Run/Walk event held Saturday in Oconomowoc.
Pastor of St. Jerome Church Father John Yockey said the man, 54--year-old Greg Nowak, collapsed about 9:30 a.m., just 40 feet from the finish line. The veteran runner was racing with two nurses and an EMT, who immediately performed CPR on him until an ambulance arrived on the scene to transport him to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital.
- Meeting to discuss possible extension to Springdale Road (0)
- Traffic backup on I-94 eastbound near Sawyer Road (0)
- Eagle firefighter dies in fatal Town of Mukwonago accident (0)
- East Troy Community Band hosts Swing Nouveau (0)
- Hartland plan commission approves preliminary plans for new subdivision (0)
- Rep. David Craig recognized for support of Wisconsin industry (0)
- County briefs Delafield on waste contracts (0)
- Drivers Ed class to begin Aug. 4 at Hamilton High School (0)
- Body pulled from private pond (0)
- Swallow School hosts presentation and tour on Tuesday (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts