A South Milwaukee man died after collapsing while running in the St. Jerome Run/Walk event held Saturday in Oconomowoc.
Pastor of St. Jerome Church Father John Yockey said the man, 54--year-old Greg Nowak, collapsed about 9:30 a.m., just 40 feet from the finish line. The veteran runner was racing with two nurses and an EMT, who immediately performed CPR on him until an ambulance arrived on the scene to transport him to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital.
- Highway 16 interchange plans revised (0)
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts