Pewaukee linebacker and running back Derek Watt, named earlier Monday to the WIsconsin Football Coaches Association All-State team on defense, has switched his college commitment to play football from Northwestern to Wisconsin.
Watt, the younger brother of current Badgers standout J.J. Watt, had initially verbally agreed to play for the Wildcats in July. Wisconsin had also scouted the younger Watt, who led Pewaukee to a 7-3 record this fall, and had offered a greyshirt, meaning a delayed scholarship opportunity kicking in after the 2011 fall semester.
J.J. offered his brother a congratulatory update on Twitter late Monday, essentially breaking the news. Kyle Heikkinen of Badger247 added confirmation of the switch on Twitter and said the opportunity remained a greyshirt situation for now.
Derek Watt joins another Lake Country linebacker, Derek Landisch of Arrowhead, as UW recruits from the 2011 class.
- Arrowhead annual meeting on Wednesday (0)
- Tree falls on power lines in Mukwonago (0)
- Bluegrass festival volunteers needed in East Troy (0)
- Phones and internet down at Lake Country/MyCommunityNow (0)
- Oconomowoc woman accused of selling, using heroin (0)
- Six ribbon cuttings in Mukwonago Thursday (0)
- Pewaukee School District approves tax levy (0)
- Chenequa approves November levy referendum (0)
- Mukwonago Chief hosts 125th Birthday Party tomorrow (0)
- Design materials free for reuse at Green Design (0)
- More Lake Country Watch posts